Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 504783 times)

Offline happyg

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #525 on: January 25, 2014, 03:49:08 am »
I missed the bird the first time. Did it ever poop on you?  :silly:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #526 on: January 25, 2014, 04:05:12 am »
I missed the bird the first time. Did it ever poop on you?  :silly:

Nope..........

We won Charlie at a Scale Model fly-in over in Vegas. George taught him to whistle Yankee Doodle which he did faithfully as soon as the sun rose - if he missed a note he got mad and started over again..... drove us nuts. As a result Charlie started spending the night in the downstairs bathroom - thus my to this day habit of making certain the toilet seat was down since Charlie fell off his perch into the toilet a few times.  George kept his wings clipped so he couldn't really fly very far.

Once I was on a business trip to Dallas and they had an earthquake, Charlie disappeared.. George looked for him for two days, finally one morning heard a little chirp - he had flown across the room due to the earthquake and was hiding way up in the drapes and very grateful to be found and returned to his cage and food and water.  Finally I gave Charlie to someone we worked with who had kids and wanted the bird.  Unfortunately he didn't clip Charlies wings and Charlie flew away when one of his kids left the door open.  That was our one and only bird.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

« Reply #527 on: January 25, 2014, 03:39:49 pm »
As long as we're sharing! Here's the gang:

My handsome big boy, Tom Sawyer. He's an eight-year-old tabby:

The sweet, petite, Piper. She's a six-year-old tortoiseshell:

Our newest member, Allie, an affectionate and rambunctious 1-year-old. She's a lovely Tuxedo with a perfect goatee:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #528 on: January 25, 2014, 03:53:43 pm »
Look in to your Tom Sawyer's eyes.

"Oh. Another picture?"

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline happyg

« Reply #529 on: January 25, 2014, 04:00:53 pm »
Two cats do me in. The male cat is more of a loner, meows to be let outside, but he hasn't been out in weeks because of the weather. The female is nosy. She has to see everything and is always in my way. One strange thing she does is, after I turn the tv and lights out in the bedroom, she will come in a nuzzle up to my neck and take little nips, while kneading her paws on my face and neck, and purring. It drives me nuts, and sometimes, I pull the covers up so she can't do it, but she will paw and dig her way under the covers, finding another way to get to my neck. Maybe she thinks I'm her mother? She was found before she was old enough to be weaned, and is around 6 months old, more or less.

And you have three cats to keep you jumping!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #530 on: January 25, 2014, 05:01:29 pm »
Happy - Fleabag does that to me. Armpit, not neck, but he rams his head in and starts padding like mad, purring all the while. It could be the mother thing - I was his, and it is certainly just like a kitten feeding. Except his claws are a centimeter long and razor sharp!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline happyg

« Reply #531 on: January 25, 2014, 05:38:25 pm »
Happy - Fleabag does that to me. Armpit, not neck, but he rams his head in and starts padding like mad, purring all the while. It could be the mother thing - I was his, and it is certainly just like a kitten feeding. Except his claws are a centimeter long and razor sharp!

Yep! I didn't know cats did that. Niall never did. Like I posted, Niall is more of a loaner. I just got in from cleaning the driveway and walks. The cold and wind got the better of me. When I came in, I just collapsed in the recliner. Niall got onto my lap and began patting me, as though he knew I was in distress. He rubbed my face and kept snuggling, as though to keep me warm. I was surprised and fascinated.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #532 on: January 25, 2014, 06:20:55 pm »
Been meaning to post this in here. I could not find where this thread was.

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #533 on: January 25, 2014, 10:27:08 pm »
These are great.  BTW AC your Tuxedo is gorgeous.. they are all pretty - but I love his markings.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #534 on: January 26, 2014, 12:48:09 am »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #535 on: January 26, 2014, 01:41:42 am »

Offline happyg

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #537 on: January 26, 2014, 07:41:33 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #538 on: January 26, 2014, 11:13:44 pm »
The Rigler’s Puppy Surprise

The Rigler family has always wanted a puppy, but their daughter’s severe allergies kept them from finding a companion pet for years. When Jeff and his wife did some research, they were able to settle on the adorable Coton de Tulear – a hypoallergenic breed – that would give Rachel the dog she always wanted without the allergies that so hamper her. In the video below, Jeff films the surprise in store for his kids and the overwhelming joy Rachel expresses at finally having a four-legged family member.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WayLeron-vc

Read more at http://hopefaithlove.com/riglers-puppy-surprise/#mHoRLehJkKM0D3ZF.99
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #539 on: January 27, 2014, 02:30:14 am »
That made me cry........ I think every child should grow up with pets.

Offline happyg

« Reply #540 on: January 27, 2014, 03:49:21 pm »

Offline happyg

« Reply #541 on: January 27, 2014, 06:22:20 pm »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #542 on: January 28, 2014, 04:14:51 am »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #543 on: January 28, 2014, 04:17:09 am »

Offline happyg

« Reply #544 on: January 28, 2014, 04:17:12 am »
It's so sad to see  pets without shelter. I think the neighbors took Queen inside because I didn't see any tracks in the snow.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #545 on: January 28, 2014, 04:18:03 am »
It's so sad to see  pets without shelter. I think the neighbors took Queen inside because I didn't see any tracks in the snow.

I hope so the next arctic blast is supposed to be the worst one yet.

Offline happyg

« Reply #546 on: January 28, 2014, 04:40:28 am »
I hope so the next arctic blast is supposed to be the worst one yet.

Schools were cancelled today, and tomorrow. It's -15 now, and has snowed nearly every day for a week. The wind is a killer. I think the kids only had a couple full days of school since Christmas vacation.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #547 on: January 29, 2014, 01:16:20 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #548 on: January 29, 2014, 09:50:06 pm »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #549 on: January 29, 2014, 10:31:35 pm »
Love it! All Budweiser commercials are outstanding!