Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502499 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #475 on: January 11, 2014, 05:09:01 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #476 on: January 12, 2014, 06:00:43 am »

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #477 on: January 12, 2014, 11:08:17 am »
Those are adorable, Rap!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #478 on: January 12, 2014, 07:55:50 pm »

Offline happyg

« Reply #479 on: January 13, 2014, 01:33:50 am »
I love these threads!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #480 on: January 16, 2014, 02:02:24 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #481 on: January 16, 2014, 02:04:27 am »

So very true, isn't it?

I could feel my blood pressure 'normalize' many times after a minute....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:05:12 am by DCPatriot »

Offline happyg

« Reply #482 on: January 16, 2014, 02:07:07 am »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=394037050736029

Please watch.....

The video brought tears to my eyes. It was awesome watching those huge guys work to save that tiny little kitten. What a great video.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #483 on: January 16, 2014, 02:54:52 am »

So very true, isn't it?

I could feel my blood pressure 'normalize' many times after a minute....

Now THAT is an adorable kitty!

How about installing something like this for your furry friend:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #484 on: January 16, 2014, 03:17:58 am »
Now THAT is an adorable kitty!

How about installing something like this for your furry friend:

~LOL~ this reminds me.  One of the people who hired George to do murals was a lady who had three cats. She had a "cat room" in her house with a doggie door to an enclosed run on her patio (so the cats could get fresh air and watch the birds, etc...  so she decided she wanted a mural on all four walls of the room and hired George to do it... one wall was like a fish aquarium  - which was very funny in a cat room - and the other was a tropical island-like scene that wrapped the room with water, palm trees, etc.. over the closet was an open area where the cats liked to get up high and sit...... so on one of the palm trees he made steps that went up the palm tree to the area above the closet  - it blended in to the bark of the trees... the whole thing was pretty cool when it was done and she was thrilled.. how many people spend this much money on a cat room?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

« Reply #485 on: January 16, 2014, 03:21:07 am »
It sounds like George was quite a talented, creative man. The modern-day Michelangelo!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #486 on: January 16, 2014, 03:21:29 am »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=394037050736029

Please watch.....

Awwwww......... glad they found it.  BTW bars on the windows like that are such a danger if your house is on fire.. makes it much harder for firemen.

Offline happyg

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #488 on: January 16, 2014, 11:11:12 pm »
Labs are great dogs.

Offline happyg

« Reply #489 on: January 16, 2014, 11:15:24 pm »
Labs are great dogs.

A friend's Golden Lab got hit by a car. She was devastated, and later ordered a new puppy. I told her to check out the shelter, and she just laughed at me. One time, when she was in town, she decided to go to the shelter to look around, and saw a skinny lab just staring at her. Of course, she took him home, and complained to me about talking her into getting a sick dog. Within a month, she was telling me she was the best dog she ever had. She was very smart, obedient, and loving to her grandkids. She couldn't thank me enough. Instead of paying $450 for the puppy, she paid $50 and got the perfect pet.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #490 on: January 16, 2014, 11:28:08 pm »
A friend's Golden Lab got hit by a car. She was devastated, and later ordered a new puppy. I told her to check out the shelter, and she just laughed at me. One time, when she was in town, she decided to go to the shelter to look around, and saw a skinny lab just staring at her. Of course, she took him home, and complained to me about talking her into getting a sick dog. Within a month, she was telling me she was the best dog she ever had. She was very smart, obedient, and loving to her grandkids. She couldn't thank me enough. Instead of paying $450 for the puppy, she paid $50 and got the perfect pet.

Great story!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #491 on: January 17, 2014, 04:40:25 am »

Snow owls are becoming more common. in the US.  And yet there is global warming.   :silly:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #492 on: January 17, 2014, 11:18:51 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #493 on: January 17, 2014, 11:25:49 am »

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said " it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning
and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out...then come home to be with me.

Author ~ Sammie Klaehn

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline aligncare

« Reply #494 on: January 17, 2014, 01:08:45 pm »
If you can keep a dry eye through that, you're not human.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #495 on: January 17, 2014, 02:22:13 pm »
If you can keep a dry eye through that, you're not human.

A helluva way to start the day, huh!

Damn....   :beer:

Offline flowers

« Reply #496 on: January 17, 2014, 05:58:39 pm »

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said " it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning
and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out...then come home to be with me.

Author ~ Sammie Klaehn

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dang......my allergies.

Offline flowers

« Reply #497 on: January 17, 2014, 06:14:58 pm »
As i read that my previous doggie Tasha lays in her grave right outside. She was a lab. Nobody in town wanted her anymore. She was 6 when we got her. She had gone from owner to owner. We moved in town and I was going to keep her during the weekends. It turned she was given to us permanently.

They gave us a bag of dog food, a bucket for her water, dog dish and a doggie bed. She was a yellow lab. Golden color pink nose.  She loved to ride in the bed of trucks. We took her that first day, I thought she would run back to the place where she had been staying. NOPE. She never used to bark either.

She never looked back.She was our doggie. Just a doll.   She passed in winter. March 2011. I was so mad at myself and still am . She was dying that night I knew it. It started at 6pm. I layed with her and rubbed her belly all the time that night. At about 6am I was tired and went to my chair to rest. I could see her eyes. I closed my eyes for just a minute, When I got up she had passed. I feel so guilty, she died alone. I wish I had been laying next to her when she did die.

We still had 5 feet of snow so we had to put her body in a neighbors freezer until June. I miss her of course. She is buried right outside this window next to the pine tree.

I have a new poochie now. You see him in my avatar at times. He wasn't wanted either. He has turned out to be a doll as well. I wonder if they know when they are saved from shelters?

I read that poem and wanted to share.  You can see her photo at FR on my about page, I am coldone there.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #498 on: January 17, 2014, 06:30:04 pm »
Flowers. :bighug: :bighug: 034

When our Sandy passed it broke my husband's heart.  She wad his baby... we had het cremated and I sprinkled her ashes with his.  She was obsessed with het ball, used to take it everywhere.  One night after she died I heard a noise in the guest bathroom (on the other side of my office wall)... my husband was across the house in bed watching TV... I went in to look and the trash can next to the toilet was pulled over and laying next to it was her ratty old tennis ball... which we had put away...my husband used that bathroom everyday and she used to go in there and watch as he shaved, etc... I think she left the ball as a sign she was still with him.

Good post, DC

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #499 on: January 17, 2014, 06:37:03 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnZSTkycovg

BEST WATCHED WITH THE SOUND OFF
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?