Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 504050 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #450 on: January 03, 2014, 01:13:29 pm »

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #451 on: January 03, 2014, 01:39:07 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #452 on: January 03, 2014, 05:04:40 pm »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #453 on: January 03, 2014, 06:10:02 pm »
I'll vouch for cat invasion of privacy. My newcomer, a sweet, young tuxedo, likes to hide the screen she steals from the drain in the bathroom sink, usually somewhere under the bed. It's getting annoying now.

Offline happyg

« Reply #454 on: January 03, 2014, 06:15:59 pm »
As soon as the cats hear the shower come on, they jump between the curtains, and stay there the entire time I'm showering. They come running every time they hear water running, but won't let me bathe them. I think cats have ADHD.

Offline flowers

« Reply #455 on: January 03, 2014, 06:53:04 pm »
As soon as the cats hear the shower come on, they jump between the curtains, and stay there the entire time I'm showering. They come running every time they hear water running, but won't let me bathe them. I think cats have ADHD.
:silly:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #456 on: January 05, 2014, 07:19:47 pm »

Did I say how much I loved owls?   LOL!

Best buddies?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #457 on: January 06, 2014, 02:46:56 am »
Got to get me one of these.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #458 on: January 06, 2014, 02:58:54 am »
How to tell your cat is fully charged

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:18:49 pm by aligncare »

Offline happyg

« Reply #459 on: January 06, 2014, 03:00:04 am »
I can't imagine having more than two cats. One was bad enough, but a stray touched my heart. She's ornery as heck! She has this thing about climbing on the counter and pushing things off with her paws. If anything is sitting out, and light enough for her to knock on the floor, she will do it. I have a spray bottle of water, and when she sees it, she takes off. Both cats are fascinated with water, but can't stand to be wet.  :shrug:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #460 on: January 06, 2014, 04:33:50 am »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #461 on: January 06, 2014, 04:38:56 am »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #462 on: January 06, 2014, 04:40:19 am »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #463 on: January 06, 2014, 04:42:34 am »
I can't imagine having more than two cats. One was bad enough, but a stray touched my heart. She's ornery as heck! She has this thing about climbing on the counter and pushing things off with her paws. If anything is sitting out, and light enough for her to knock on the floor, she will do it. I have a spray bottle of water, and when she sees it, she takes off. Both cats are fascinated with water, but can't stand to be wet.  :shrug:

It could be worse. Nameless just got stuck up the chimney again, the damper was left open while the fire cooled. Every other day it happens, without fail. Pulling a cat down, claws flailing and yowling like a banshee, then having to wash off the soot gets really old, really fast.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #464 on: January 06, 2014, 05:24:51 pm »
My new avatar is a photo I took about 3 years ago. it is a new born fawn. The mother was in the road blocking my way which I thought was strange, they usually run. I looked over my shoulder and on a ridge next to the road was her fawn. She ran up and tried to divert my attention. Up until then I had wanted a new camera. After that photo....I was fine with the one I had!!!I post this in pets area...it is a photo of a animal.  Thank you Oceander for making my new avatar for me!!!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 05:27:35 pm by flowers »

Offline happyg

« Reply #465 on: January 06, 2014, 05:51:06 pm »
I never have my camera when I need it. I see a lot of deer, and wish I had pictures.

Here's a water color painting for DC:

Offline happyg

« Reply #466 on: January 06, 2014, 06:09:28 pm »
Another for DC:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #467 on: January 06, 2014, 07:29:24 pm »
Thanks, happyg!

Those are great!   :beer:

Offline happyg

« Reply #468 on: January 07, 2014, 04:50:22 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #469 on: January 08, 2014, 12:52:33 pm »

Snowy Owl Invasion Puzzles Scientists, Dazzles Enthusiasts
By Mark Leberfinger, AccuWeather.com Staff Writer
January 08, 2014; 5:16 AM

Snowy owls have been spotted in the Northeast U.S., all the way down to South Carolina since early December.

Scientists aren't sure why the owls, who spent much of their lives around the Arctic Circle, have arrived in such large numbers.

"It's a great opportunity to see a magnificent animal," Kevin McGowan of Cornell University's Lab of Ornithology in Ithaca, N.Y., said.

The owls, the largest in North America, do make forays into the Northeast but this year is different, McGowan said.

"Here in central New York, there were 10 sightings in 10 days," he said. "This is just not the normal way of things."

http://www.accuweather.com/en/features/trend/snowy_owl_invasion_puzzles_sci/21127590

Offline aligncare

« Reply #470 on: January 08, 2014, 01:10:47 pm »
"Here in central New York, there were 10 sightings in 10 days," he said. "This is just not the normal way of things."

Global warming! Run away!

Offline happyg

« Reply #471 on: January 10, 2014, 12:11:33 pm »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #472 on: January 10, 2014, 01:32:24 pm »

Good boy!

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #473 on: January 10, 2014, 02:34:02 pm »
Snapshot of a Snowy owl right on my beach!  (Before Christmas)

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #474 on: January 10, 2014, 09:06:18 pm »

YIKES!!