Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502436 times)

Offline happyg

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #425 on: December 26, 2013, 03:06:51 pm »
The vet just called, and the growth in Lizzie's mouth was an abscess caused by trauma. She must have had it when the kids found her. I am relieved emotionally and of my wallet!  :whistle:

Offline flowers

« Reply #426 on: December 26, 2013, 05:03:28 pm »
The vet just called, and the growth in Lizzie's mouth was an abscess caused by trauma. She must have had it when the kids found her. I am relieved emotionally and of my wallet!  :whistle:
What wonderful news!!!!!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #427 on: December 27, 2013, 11:18:15 pm »
http://theuspatriot.com/2013/12/25/muslim-man-throwing-bricks-at-dogs-gets-what-he-deserves/

Muslim guy throwing bricks at dogs gets exactly what he deserves......   LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

« Reply #428 on: December 28, 2013, 12:09:24 am »
I loved this comment. I laughed so hard, I woke the cats!

Post to Facebook

Dennis Beavers · Follow ·  Top Commenter · Doss High School

I bet those dogs had to lick their asses for a couple hours to get that Muslim taste out of their mouths, good dogs.

Reply · 145 · Unlike

· Follow Post · December 25 at 9:27pm

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #429 on: December 28, 2013, 12:36:27 am »
I loved this comment. I laughed so hard, I woke the cats!

LOL!   I didn't read them.

And German Shepherds, no less!   

And yet, I'm thinking....wish they were Pit Bulls.   LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #430 on: December 28, 2013, 05:02:12 pm »
I have reached that moment all of us dog lovers fear. My Shiba Inu Takara will be 15 in February. Their lifespan average is about 14 or 15.   He has been slowing up a bit this last year and has gone deaf, but otherwise looks like he's 5 and he still likes to romp and play with out 1 year old Papillion.  But since the day after Christmas he is very unsteady on his feet, sometimes falling down, very slow moving, and not much of an appetite. This downturn was sudden, so there is a chance that he just  not feeling well and will recover and we will have him around for a while yet.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #431 on: December 28, 2013, 05:07:52 pm »
I have reached that moment all of us dog lovers fear. My Shiba Inu Takara will be 15 in February. Their lifespan average is about 14 or 15.   He has been slowing up a bit this last year and has gone deaf, but otherwise looks like he's 5 and he still likes to romp and play with out 1 year old Papillion.  But since the day after Christmas he is very unsteady on his feet, sometimes falling down, very slow moving, and not much of an appetite. This downturn was sudden, so there is a chance that he just  not feeling well and will recover and we will have him around for a while yet.

Sorry about that.  It's do hard to watch them grow old.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #432 on: December 28, 2013, 07:22:36 pm »

Hoping that Takara will pull through, and that you have more time to enjoy one another's company.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #433 on: December 28, 2013, 07:23:11 pm »
For the pooch that has everything.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:58:25 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #434 on: December 29, 2013, 10:19:52 pm »

Did I say how much I loved owls?   LOL!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #435 on: December 31, 2013, 12:24:34 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #436 on: December 31, 2013, 12:45:14 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #437 on: December 31, 2013, 01:14:00 am »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #438 on: December 31, 2013, 02:25:34 am »
Hoping that Takara will pull through, and that you have more time to enjoy one another's company.

Praise God!   Takara will be fine. He was feeling much better this morning, but we still followed through with his vet appointment this afternoon. What he had was Vestibular Syndrome which effects older dogs. Three or four days of a feeling like a falling down drunk sailor is how the doctor explained it. Room spinning, no balance, sick to your stomach. And then as quick as it hit, its gone.    To think the night before last I was making that appointment which I thought would be where we would say goodbye, and explaining to my 12 years old why the best thing to do was to put him to sleep.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #439 on: December 31, 2013, 02:35:10 am »
Praise God!   Takara will be fine. He was feeling much better this morning, but we still followed through with his vet appointment this afternoon. What he had was Vestibular Syndrome which effects older dogs. Three or four days of a feeling like a falling down drunk sailor is how the doctor explained it. Room spinning, no balance, sick to your stomach. And then as quick as it hit, its gone.    To think the night before last I was making that appointment which I thought would be where we would say goodbye, and explaining to my 12 years old why the best thing to do was to put him to sleep.

That's great news, Navy!   :patriot:

Have you ever fed Takara "Dinovite"?  I hear the commercials on the radio everyday.  Strange how you trust/believe in the products advertised on Conservative talk radio. 

But according to this product...a powder I think..is the Fountain of Youth for canines.  http://www.dinovite.com/?gclid=CMDJw6a22bsCFel9OgodkWUAqQ

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #440 on: December 31, 2013, 04:41:15 am »

Love the expression.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #441 on: December 31, 2013, 04:58:47 pm »

One has to face future possibilities. I don't mean to be insensitive by bringing this up. I understand how you're feeling. I cried for days and mourned for weeks and after three years still I tear up when I think about the death of my boxer. Damn, it's tough to lose a pet, as it is to lose any loved one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 05:01:25 pm by aligncare »

11thCommandment

« Reply #442 on: December 31, 2013, 05:02:54 pm »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #443 on: December 31, 2013, 08:02:55 pm »

YAY!!!!

Still, the scare has prepared you for the inevitable.

Read this somewhere - it may help your son when it does happen.

"God made people live a long time because they need to learn to love and be loved. Dogs already know how to do that. Their task is to help to teach us and make sure we remember the lesson."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #444 on: December 31, 2013, 09:55:59 pm »
I am so happy to hear this good news.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #445 on: January 01, 2014, 01:58:42 am »

Happy 2014! Double latte's all around!!

Offline happyg

« Reply #446 on: January 01, 2014, 09:39:18 pm »

Offline flowers

« Reply #447 on: January 01, 2014, 10:35:52 pm »

It doesn't get any more awwwww worthy than those photos!!!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #448 on: January 02, 2014, 01:50:27 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #449 on: January 02, 2014, 11:14:44 pm »