Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 503528 times)

Offline flowers

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #350 on: December 02, 2013, 06:18:13 pm »
Damn!  Have to put Rubis down today. 

This sucks big time....
8888crybaby  I am so sorry for you loss. It really does suck.  8888crybaby

Offline flowers

« Reply #351 on: December 02, 2013, 06:20:18 pm »
Damn!  Have to put Rubis down today. 

This sucks big time....
May your grief be short. I know it hurts......bad.  8888crybaby

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #352 on: December 02, 2013, 06:27:08 pm »
Sorry to hear this, DC... He had a good life with you, though.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #353 on: December 04, 2013, 02:19:55 pm »
Ever wonder what would happen if a West Highland Terrier mated with a Rottweiler? Story here.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

« Reply #354 on: December 04, 2013, 05:53:15 pm »
Thanks, Myst. 

The only close call I had once was with my ragdoll, Baby...which ran up over $2,000 saving her life after she was bitten by my girlfriend's skitzo Bengal.

I eventually had to give both ragdolls to by best friend's wife...in order to keep them together.  Looking back, asking her to get rid of the Bengal should have been an option...but I couldn't bring myself to do that to a future "Cat Lady".  She lives for her cats, it seems.  LOL!

Vet office just called and told me that "Friends of Montgomery County" is picking up the tab for the euthanasia.  So, I'll make a donation instead.

I do know how you feel. I took Lizzie, a female kitten around 4 mos. old to the vet to be spayed. Instead, the vet found a tumor/abscess on her jaw. It was huge! He said it is unusual for kittens to get cancer, but she didn't appear to be in any kind of distress. He loaded her up with medicine, and I have to take her back next Wednesday, unless she shows signs of illness. If the sore is still in her mouth, it will be cancer, and she will most likely have to be put down.

Lizzie was a stray that my granddaughter brought to me. She comes every day to play with her because her parents won't let her have it. Sami has had so many other problems, and for her to lose the cat will be devastating. I'm praying it's just an abscess and I'm worrying too much.

Niall, my male cat goes to the vet at 2 for a checkup. I don't want any more bad news. Both of them look exactly alike, except for their size. Niall was found on an engine in a car, and Lizzie was walking on the street.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #355 on: December 04, 2013, 11:01:43 pm »

Offline happyg

« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2013, 11:04:57 pm »
That's about it, LOAH! Lizzie puts her head into my neck and kneads with her paws, making those guttural noises cats make. Drives me crazy, and, of course, I don't get any sleep.

« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2013, 11:12:18 pm »
I loved the "heaving spot." 

With my cats, its always on the carpeting--never on the tile where clean up is easier.

Offline happyg

« Reply #358 on: December 04, 2013, 11:25:21 pm »
I loved the "heaving spot." 

With my cats, its always on the carpeting--never on the tile where clean up is easier.

When I first got Lizzie, she was barely a month old. She was too small for a litter box, so I made her a small one. Even so, she pooped from one end of the house to the other. I have white carpets! I took her to the vet, and she had worms, causing diarrhea. I bought some cat litter made for cats to learn to use the box. It worked. There is nothing like cat poop and vomit! Worse than humans!

« Reply #359 on: December 04, 2013, 11:32:16 pm »
The local Stanley Steamer franchise LOVES my cats.  :laugh:

Offline happyg

« Reply #360 on: December 04, 2013, 11:47:42 pm »
The local Stanley Steamer franchise LOVES my cats.  :laugh:

:silly:  Cats are a lot hard to care for than I thought. I have to check dresser drawers before I close them, along with kitchen cabinets. I never know where they will be. The climbing drives me nuts. I bought a tree for them to climb on, but counters and tables are preferred. When I eat, I either put them in a room, or I put myself in a room. They even climb over my shoulders to check out the food. Yuk! As a new cat owner, I'm learning more than I can teach the cats!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #361 on: December 05, 2013, 04:55:54 am »
:silly:  Cats are a lot hard to care for than I thought. I have to check dresser drawers before I close them, along with kitchen cabinets. I never know where they will be. The climbing drives me nuts. I bought a tree for them to climb on, but counters and tables are preferred. When I eat, I either put them in a room, or I put myself in a room. They even climb over my shoulders to check out the food. Yuk! As a new cat owner, I'm learning more than I can teach the cats!

Ours aren't quite that bad, thankfully! Fleabag has the annoying habit of joining me in the bath or sleeping in the sink though, and Nameless keeps getting stuck in the dining room chimney if we forget to close the flue. Washing a sooty cat with a fear of water becomes an exercise in frustration, with much yowling and blood letting.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #362 on: December 05, 2013, 05:53:31 pm »
This morning it was funny. My dog goes out to go do a obama at around 11pm or 2am. I usually go out with him. We have wolves and if he goes out by himself at night sometimes he likes to wander around. Well this morning it was -8. At -8 he is on his own!

He went outside, then not much later I could hear him land on the front porch!  He flew in the house. It was funny to watch the look on his face when it gets that cold.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2013, 06:06:12 pm »
Ours aren't quite that bad, thankfully! Fleabag has the annoying habit of joining me in the bath or sleeping in the sink though, and Nameless keeps getting stuck in the dining room chimney if we forget to close the flue. Washing a sooty cat with a fear of water becomes an exercise in frustration, with much yowling and blood letting.

My colony keeps me in line

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #364 on: December 05, 2013, 11:54:04 pm »

an old classic.....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #365 on: December 06, 2013, 12:05:03 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

« Reply #366 on: December 06, 2013, 12:06:19 am »
I dog sat my son's 4 month old Boston terrier terror. Ate 4 Chrismas balls, terrorized the cats, and is the most hyper dog I've ever seen. All hell broke loose here for about two hours.  8888crybaby

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #367 on: December 06, 2013, 12:12:45 am »
I dog sat my son's 4 month old Boston terrier terror. Ate 4 Chrismas balls, terrorized the cats, and is the most hyper dog I've ever seen. All hell broke loose here for about two hours.  8888crybaby

LOL!   Talk about retarding the advancement of domestication, huh?

Cat #1:  What the hell was THAT?

Cat #2:  What the HELL was that?

Cat #3:  WHAT the hell WAS that?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #368 on: December 06, 2013, 12:20:20 am »

There is a reason they are called "terrier"........and 4 months eek......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #369 on: December 06, 2013, 12:21:44 am »
LOL!   Talk about retarding the advancement of domestication, huh?

Cat #1:  What the hell was THAT?

Cat #2:  What the HELL was that?

Cat #3:  WHAT the hell WAS that?

:silly: A person must be a glutton for punishment to want a Boston Terrier. I watched  a dog show that named the worst pet. It showed a bunch of dogs wreaking havoc. The Boston Terrier won. They love the dog to death, thinking I do, too, so keep bringing him over when they visit. Geesh!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #370 on: December 06, 2013, 12:32:46 am »
:silly: A person must be a glutton for punishment to want a Boston Terrier. I watched  a dog show that named the worst pet. It showed a bunch of dogs wreaking havoc. The Boston Terrier won. They love the dog to death, thinking I do, too, so keep bringing him over when they visit. Geesh!

When my Daisy was just a little puppy we were at the vet one day and this woman was there with a Boston... Daisy loves everyone so she went over to greet this dog and not saying a word that danged dog just took one look at her and bit her on the nose........  really ticked me off.... drew blood.. poor Daisy didn't know what to think, she thought all dogs were as friendly as she.

Offline happyg

« Reply #371 on: December 06, 2013, 12:35:45 am »
When my Daisy was just a little puppy we were at the vet one day and this woman was there with a Boston... Daisy loves everyone so she went over to greet this dog and not saying a word that danged dog just took one look at her and bit her on the nose........  really ticked me off.... drew blood.. poor Daisy didn't know what to think, she thought all dogs were as friendly as she.

Lizzie, who is also around 4 months old, gave Charlie around a dozen super fast slaps with her paws, and ran up the cat tree. If she could laugh, I know she would have.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #372 on: December 06, 2013, 12:57:04 am »
Gypsy, one of my cats, finds a new place to take a snooze (i.e., other than on my sweaters which apparently she finds warm, comfortable, and a great place to shed).

This same cat just loves to go outdoors. She's been sitting at the front door meowing to let me know she wants out. I keep telling her it's just too darn cold for her to be outside (below freezing), but like most females I have known she just won't listen.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

« Reply #373 on: December 06, 2013, 02:37:02 am »
Gypsy, one of my cats, finds a new place to take a snooze (i.e., other than on my sweaters which apparently she finds warm, comfortable, and a great place to shed).

This same cat just loves to go outdoors. She's been sitting at the front door meowing to let me know she wants out. I keep telling her it's just too darn cold for her to be outside (below freezing), but like most females I have known she just won't listen.

Niall, the male cat, lasted about 10 minutes outside. He didn't like the icy rain, and when I rubbed him down with a warm towel, he didn't fight like he usually does.

It is cold! I like you kitty pic. That's the purrfect place for a cat!

« Reply #374 on: December 07, 2013, 09:42:04 pm »