Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502223 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #325 on: November 24, 2013, 02:43:10 am »
UPDATE on Rubis.....

Have been giving him 4.5 cc of a steroid and in three days, he seems to be a bit more active and up on his feet.  Awake more.  Alert more.  And this morning, his food dish was empty as opposed to half full.

Sill likes that heater, though.   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #326 on: November 24, 2013, 02:48:02 am »
Sounds like you're a good cat-daddy.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #327 on: November 24, 2013, 03:18:39 am »
I really feel bad for you. Niall, the male cat, goes outside during the day, and I'm always afraid he will get hit by a car, or shot at. A lot of people don't like cats. He was a stray, and whenever anyone opened the door, he ran out, so I gave up. Lizzie is also a stray, but she has never been outside on her own. So far, she likes the indoors. She's around 6 months old.
Last night, Niall was out until almost eleven. I was sick with worry, just like when my kids were late. Wish I could keep him in, but the vet said to let him go, that he would most likely give up on life if he was housebound. Some cats are like that.

Good luck with your cat.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #328 on: November 24, 2013, 03:26:50 am »
We had a beautiful male, that stayed in at night, but was let out at first light in the morning. My wife loved that guy.

Anyway, she let him out one morning, and we never saw him again. I'm almost sure it was coyotes, which were very active in our area.

The environmentalists have "restored" the degraded wetlands nearby, driving species into adjacent areas to find new food, etc.

Our cat probably became food. We still have his mother, who was originally a semi-feral stray. She had a litter, which my wife relocated to our closet, and she followed.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #329 on: November 24, 2013, 03:16:53 pm »

Dexter

Offline flowers

« Reply #330 on: November 25, 2013, 04:40:33 pm »
UPDATE on Rubis.....

Have been giving him 4.5 cc of a steroid and in three days, he seems to be a bit more active and up on his feet.  Awake more.  Alert more.  And this morning, his food dish was empty as opposed to half full.

thanks for the update. great news.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #331 on: November 25, 2013, 05:16:44 pm »
UPDATE on Rubis.....

:beer:

Good news!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #332 on: November 27, 2013, 10:06:04 pm »

Offline happyg

« Reply #333 on: November 27, 2013, 10:37:18 pm »
I tried that, flowers. I had a black Dachsund, who ripped my pocket off my new coat getting that last dog biscuit. He ripped it down to the hem, so I had to buy another coat. I never put snacks in my pockets again.

Offline flowers

« Reply #334 on: November 28, 2013, 12:14:56 am »
I tried that, flowers. I had a black Dachsund, who ripped my pocket off my new coat getting that last dog biscuit. He ripped it down to the hem, so I had to buy another coat. I never put snacks in my pockets again.
Yikes!!!   :th_10444:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #335 on: November 29, 2013, 02:22:32 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #336 on: November 29, 2013, 02:24:49 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #337 on: November 29, 2013, 02:25:35 am »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #338 on: November 29, 2013, 04:38:24 am »

I swear mine can count and no way can I give an extra to one dog and not the other.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #339 on: December 01, 2013, 02:59:17 pm »

Offline flowers

« Reply #340 on: December 01, 2013, 04:51:36 pm »

There is no other alarm clock in the world that works better than a doggie licking your face in the morning to get you out of bed either!!!!

Offline happyg

« Reply #341 on: December 01, 2013, 05:28:06 pm »
In my case, it's the male cat that wakes me every morning, wanting outside. The female, still a kitten, is an indoor cat. Though I'd like to kick her outside. My beautiful Christmas tree looks like it barely survived a tornado. Lizzie had a helluva lot of fun last night while I was sleeping. I put it up late last night, so I bet she couldn't wait for me to go to bed.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #342 on: December 02, 2013, 01:06:12 pm »
Damn!  Have to put Rubis down today. 

This sucks big time....

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #343 on: December 02, 2013, 01:23:30 pm »

This sucks big time....

So sorry. It hurts and no words make it better.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #344 on: December 02, 2013, 01:29:01 pm »
So sorry. It hurts and no words make it better.

Thanks, EC.   

A shock to the system too....for the vet wants $203 for the shot.  I guess I could take him to the country animal shelter....for $20.

I mean.....a shot is a shot, right?

Finding out that I'm a wuss and NOT very good at this sort of thing.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 01:29:45 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #345 on: December 02, 2013, 01:33:34 pm »
Thanks, EC.   

A shock to the system too....for the vet wants $203 for the shot.  I guess I could take him to the country animal shelter....for $20.

I mean.....a shot is a shot, right?

Finding out that I'm a wuss and NOT very good at this sort of thing.

Which one will let you be there? Reassuring and loving to the last second.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #346 on: December 02, 2013, 02:46:54 pm »
Artist Embroiders Cats On Shirts For Son, Breaks The Internet

Brace yourself for an internet explosion of viral cat levels.

Japanese artist Hiroko Kubota has recently introduced the world wide web to the most adorable art project to ever grace Etsy. Believe us, the hyperbole is warranted. Because Kubota adorns button-up shirts with realistic renderings of cats, perfectly stitched to appear as if they are popping out of your pocket or lapel. Go ahead, squeal.

more photos at:   http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/02/hiroko-kubota_n_4346130.html

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #347 on: December 02, 2013, 02:51:17 pm »

This sucks big time....

Sorry to hear this...we have had{well hubby did} several times and it is always very hard..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

« Reply #348 on: December 02, 2013, 03:21:23 pm »
I feel so bad for you. You gave the cat a good life, that so many cats don't have. He's ready for the deep sleep. He knows he was loved.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #349 on: December 02, 2013, 04:26:55 pm »
Sorry to hear this...we have had{well hubby did} several times and it is always very hard..

Thanks, Myst. 

The only close call I had once was with my ragdoll, Baby...which ran up over $2,000 saving her life after she was bitten by my girlfriend's skitzo Bengal.

I eventually had to give both ragdolls to by best friend's wife...in order to keep them together.  Looking back, asking her to get rid of the Bengal should have been an option...but I couldn't bring myself to do that to a future "Cat Lady".  She lives for her cats, it seems.  LOL!

Vet office just called and told me that "Friends of Montgomery County" is picking up the tab for the euthanasia.  So, I'll make a donation instead.