Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502203 times)

famousdayandyear

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #300 on: August 09, 2013, 01:03:01 pm »
A new dog:

I say a Plothound, or something from the large hound family.  My fav - a German Shorthair Pointer.  Loyal friend, but needs running space.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #301 on: August 11, 2013, 04:45:18 am »
Too funny not to share with our cat lovers...

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #302 on: August 13, 2013, 04:38:03 am »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #303 on: August 13, 2013, 04:51:43 am »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #304 on: September 01, 2013, 02:11:36 am »
Too cute! Baby Lynx

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #305 on: September 01, 2013, 02:20:25 am »
Very cute.  Thank you for the great kitty pix, Rappy and Cincinnatus.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #306 on: September 12, 2013, 04:02:23 am »
Our cat owners will get a chuckle from this......

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #307 on: October 31, 2013, 09:19:15 pm »
Cuteness overload - newborn baby giraffe.

Offline flowers

« Reply #308 on: November 01, 2013, 05:49:15 pm »
Our cat owners will get a chuckle from this......

:silly:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #309 on: November 01, 2013, 07:55:22 pm »

Since my recent move...my 22-1/2 year old cat Rubis confined hmself to a two square feet space in my bedroom, where I set his food and water.  The litter box is in the hall outside the bedroom door right now.

He doesn't make a sound.  He doesn't meow to sit in my lap.

HE'S PISSED!

me too, Rubis....me too!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #310 on: November 01, 2013, 07:59:59 pm »
Be grateful Rubis is still using the assigned facilities as, from experience, I have learned a cat when annoyed will act out in some very unpleasant ways. (I changed the type of litter once. Gypsy would have none of it and let me know in no uncertain terms. Sigh!)
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #311 on: November 01, 2013, 08:23:19 pm »
Be grateful Rubis is still using the assigned facilities as, from experience, I have learned a cat when annoyed will act out in some very unpleasant ways. (I changed the type of litter once. Gypsy would have none of it and let me know in no uncertain terms. Sigh!)

Yeah....Rubis will be okay until he decides to not use the litter box.

It won't be long now....sometimes I have to lift him up on all fours in the morning and set him in front of his food.   

Rescued him a couple years ago....and I'm going to miss him.  But cat urine anywhere but in his box is unacceptable in my world. 

I think it's his age and not his anger over the move.  It's just not familiar to him...
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #312 on: November 01, 2013, 09:36:48 pm »
Yeah....Rubis will be okay until he decides to not use the litter box.

It won't be long now....sometimes I have to lift him up on all fours in the morning and set him in front of his food.   

Rescued him a couple years ago....and I'm going to miss him.  But cat urine anywhere but in his box is unacceptable in my world. 

I think it's his age and not his anger over the move.  It's just not familiar to him...

**nononono* So sorry. It hurts like hell when it finally happens.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #313 on: November 02, 2013, 08:33:19 pm »
Take a gander. You will be glad you did (and it's only 17 seconds long).

http://www.allproudamericans.com/greatest-cat-reflexes-ever.html

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2013, 09:19:33 pm »

My 22 year old cat Rubis' complete world is now confined to a bedroom closet...and it's not a walk-in.  The confinement is self-imposed.

He literally stays in front of the floor heater which is set on LOW 24/7.   

He walks 3 feet...with difficulty...to his food and water dishes.  Then you turn your back...he's back in front of the heater.

The only other exercise is when he uses the litter box...about 5 feet away.

He doesn't seem in any discomfort and makes no sound unless I reach down to rub his head.

Tried picking him up, but he's nothing but bones...and he didn't seem to enjoy the fifteen minutes in the chair on my lap with two hands rubdown....that he enjoyed only a few weeks ago.

How much longer can this go on?   8888crybaby

Offline flowers

« Reply #315 on: November 18, 2013, 09:59:14 pm »

My 22 year old cat Rubis' complete world is now confined to a bedroom closet...and it's not a walk-in.  The confinement is self-imposed.

He literally stays in front of the floor heater which is set on LOW 24/7.   

He walks 3 feet...with difficulty...to his food and water dishes.  Then you turn your back...he's back in front of the heater.

The only other exercise is when he uses the litter box...about 5 feet away.

He doesn't seem in any discomfort and makes no sound unless I reach down to rub his head.

Tried picking him up, but he's nothing but bones...and he didn't seem to enjoy the fifteen minutes in the chair on my lap with two hands rubdown....that he enjoyed only a few weeks ago.

How much longer can this go on?   8888crybaby

8888crybaby  I am sorry to hear this DC. They say you will know when it is time. yet I thank goodness haven't had to put a animal asleep.  Prayers DC My heart goes out to you and  Rubis'  By the way as long as Rubis' is still eating it is a good thing.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #316 on: November 18, 2013, 10:04:47 pm »
8888crybaby  I am sorry to hear this DC. They say you will know when it is time. yet I thank goodness haven't had to put a animal asleep.  Prayers DC My heart goes out to you and  Rubis'  By the way as long as Rubis' is still eating it is a good thing.

Thanks, flowers.

He's no trouble at all.   I've had him two years come New Year's Eve, when I went over to my friend's house and took him from their unfinished basement, where they had isolated him for almost 4 years.

I had heard him crying and when I opened the door and saw the distress on his face...I took him home with me.

When he was very young, he used to lay on top of the monitors....when there was no such thing as flatscreens.  Like the warmth.

Hey.....maybe the radiation from the old monitors cleansed his body of problems...which made him reach 22 years?   LOL!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2013, 10:06:38 pm »
So sorry, DC.

Maybe, just maybe, he's still in a huff about moving. I hope so. He's old for a cat and new things are threatening.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #318 on: November 18, 2013, 10:07:13 pm »
Thanks, flowers.

He's no trouble at all.   I've had him two years come New Year's Eve, when I went over to my friend's house and took him from their unfinished basement, where they had isolated him for almost 4 years.

I had heard him crying and when I opened the door and saw the distress on his face...I took him home with me.

When he was very young, he used to lay on top of the monitors....when there was no such thing as flatscreens.  Like the warmth.

Hey.....maybe the radiation from the old monitors cleansed his body of problems...which made him reach 22 years?   LOL!

A good friend of my hubby has a elderly cat. He got some kind of Ensure  for his cat. It helped the cat.  It is hard to watch your pet age isn't it! 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #319 on: November 18, 2013, 10:10:42 pm »
So sorry, DC.

Maybe, just maybe, he's still in a huff about moving. I hope so. He's old for a cat and new things are threatening.

Thanks, EC.....I don't think it's the move anymore.  He's deteriorated quite a bit. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #320 on: November 18, 2013, 10:32:37 pm »
DC all I can share is what I am doing with my old blind and deaf dog. She still eats very well... she still goes outside on her own to do her business and other than that she sleeps all day long.  She isn't in pain... she has a growth on her leg that she licks and licks so I keep it cleaned and wrapped and I bought little girl tights that I cut out for her to pee and poop and I made up some suspenders to keep them where she can't take them off.

I keep hoping when she goes she will just go in her sleep, but if she stops being able to go outside on her own to do her business I will do what to me is the humane thing and take her to the vet and stay with her as we send her to a better place.  So far we had to put our first dog to sleep, the other three died on their own.. Boomer the terror literally walked out in the backyard to go potty and keeled over and was gone instantly.    It is never easy to let them go....... ever........ they give us so much and ask for so little in return...   

22 is a wonderfully long life for any of our animals and speaks well of the care he's received from you.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:32:56 pm by Rapunzel »

Offline happyg

« Reply #321 on: November 18, 2013, 10:33:56 pm »
I don't want to distress you, but your cat might be dying. Here is a site that might help you, if you are interested. This is so sad. My cats are still babies. Niall will be 2 in April, and Lizzie will be one in July. Both were strays, so the vet guessed their ages when I got them.  They will probably outlive me.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6453865_signs-old-cat-dying.html

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #322 on: November 18, 2013, 10:50:14 pm »
I don't want to distress you, but your cat might be dying. Here is a site that might help you, if you are interested. This is so sad. My cats are still babies. Niall will be 2 in April, and Lizzie will be one in July. Both were strays, so the vet guessed their ages when I got them.  They will probably outlive me.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6453865_signs-old-cat-dying.html

Thanks for that link, happyg!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #323 on: November 18, 2013, 10:53:57 pm »
DC all I can share is what I am doing with my old blind and deaf dog. She still eats very well... she still goes outside on her own to do her business and other than that she sleeps all day long.  She isn't in pain... she has a growth on her leg that she licks and licks so I keep it cleaned and wrapped and I bought little girl tights that I cut out for her to pee and poop and I made up some suspenders to keep them where she can't take them off.

I keep hoping when she goes she will just go in her sleep, but if she stops being able to go outside on her own to do her business I will do what to me is the humane thing and take her to the vet and stay with her as we send her to a better place.  So far we had to put our first dog to sleep, the other three died on their own.. Boomer the terror literally walked out in the backyard to go potty and keeled over and was gone instantly.    It is never easy to let them go....... ever........ they give us so much and ask for so little in return...   

22 is a wonderfully long life for any of our animals and speaks well of the care he's received from you.

Thanks, Rap.

While I've known him since he was a kitten, Rubis was Ronnie's cat and I'd see him a lot.

Then the years went by...and I 'rescued' him two years ago.  So yes, I feel like I've help make a difference in the cosmos. 

And like you said....just his mere presence in the house makes it more like a home.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #324 on: November 24, 2013, 02:40:00 am »