Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502101 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #6725 on: May 05, 2023, 06:30:04 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6726 on: May 05, 2023, 06:30:21 pm »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6727 on: May 05, 2023, 10:32:23 pm »

Black Mask Fawn - Frenchie   (...or a Black Mask Red Fawn   happy77  )

888heartkitty
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6728 on: May 05, 2023, 10:42:12 pm »

888heartkitty

Oh yes! Adorable

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6729 on: May 05, 2023, 11:05:42 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6730 on: May 05, 2023, 11:06:02 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6731 on: May 05, 2023, 11:07:05 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6732 on: May 05, 2023, 11:07:29 pm »

888heartkitty

@DCPatriot

French  what,Mastiff?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6733 on: May 05, 2023, 11:09:40 pm »
The ONE absolutely rock-solid rule I have in life is "Never trust anyone that doesn't like dogs."

In MY book,that is a serious character flaw right up there with molesting children,and I make  no apologies for it.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #6734 on: May 05, 2023, 11:16:11 pm »
The ONE absolutely rock-solid rule I have in life is "Never trust anyone that doesn't like dogs."

In MY book,that is a serious character flaw right up there with molesting children,and I make  no apologies for it.

What about people who like cats and dogs, but like cats more?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6735 on: May 05, 2023, 11:17:35 pm »
@DCPatriot

French  what,Mastiff?

LOL!  Exactly!   ...except the French Bulldog is a live stuffed animal. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6736 on: May 05, 2023, 11:34:03 pm »
What about people who like cats and dogs, but like cats more?

@Gefn

What about them? They like BOTH cats and dogs,right?

And truthfully,I don't think I have ever met anyone like that. I have several cats now and feed a BUNCH of strays every day  while  looking for homes for them,and have no dogs for a couple of reasons. The BIG one is the death of my Dobie nearly destroyed me. Beyond that,I am no longer able to properly care for a dog,which would include  taking them for walks,picking ticks and fleas off of them,etc,etc,etc.

ALL my cats are inside house  cats. I can deal with a litter box better than I can deal with taking  cats to the vet because  they got into a fight with some sort of wild animal,and paying the insane vet bills of today. Cleaning a big  litter box is no  big  deal,and none of the  cats are getting injured or infected in any way.

BTW,I just noticed yesterday that some SOB dumped off two tame house cats behind the dumpster where I feed all the strays. I know they were tame house cats because they both started to walk right up to me until  the other cats came running up for their daily meal,and scared them away. Didn't see either one of them today,but am going to take a little seat and sit out there for a while tomorrow,hoping they come up  so  I can catch them.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #6737 on: May 05, 2023, 11:38:35 pm »
@sneakypete

You’re a real mensch. I hope the kitties will be ok.

I like my neighbors dogs and going to the dog park.

I’m just more comfortable with kitties.

Offline berdie

« Reply #6738 on: May 05, 2023, 11:51:34 pm »
@Gefn

What about them? They like BOTH cats and dogs,right?

And truthfully,I don't think I have ever met anyone like that. I have several cats now and feed a BUNCH of strays every day  while  looking for homes for them,and have no dogs for a couple of reasons. The BIG one is the death of my Dobie nearly destroyed me. Beyond that,I am no longer able to properly care for a dog,which would include  taking them for walks,picking ticks and fleas off of them,etc,etc,etc.

ALL my cats are inside house  cats. I can deal with a litter box better than I can deal with taking  cats to the vet because  they got into a fight with some sort of wild animal,and paying the insane vet bills of today. Cleaning a big  litter box is no  big  deal,and none of the  cats are getting injured or infected in any way.

BTW,I just noticed yesterday that some SOB dumped off two tame house cats behind the dumpster where I feed all the strays. I know they were tame house cats because they both started to walk right up to me until  the other cats came running up for their daily meal,and scared them away. Didn't see either one of them today,but am going to take a little seat and sit out there for a while tomorrow,hoping they come up  so  I can catch them.

I hope you can catch them @sneakypete . I despise people that dump pets.

I have this dream that I catch the dumpers and take them to the desert with no food or water. OK...I'll come back in a few days and get them. I'm not that cruel. I've rescued too many kitties and seen too many dogs chase after a car that has dumped them. A couple of days wouldn't hurt.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6739 on: May 06, 2023, 12:10:10 am »
The BIG one is the death of my Dobie nearly destroyed me.

That's exactly the reason to get another @sneakypete

Beyond that,I am no longer able to properly care for a dog,which would include  taking them for walks,picking ticks and fleas off of them,etc,etc,etc.

Your objections aside (because I dunno how else to put it), I been wondering lately why the good Lord prevented my replacing Chewy... Every single dog deal went sideways, and I am still without, and I finally gave up trying... Maybe he knew I was heading for this calamity I am currently enduring - I certainly would have trouble caring for a dog right now... Shoot, I am barely getting up and down... Maybe I get on the far side of all this, he'll allow for it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6740 on: May 06, 2023, 01:26:33 am »

I hope you can catch them @sneakypete . I despise people that dump pets.

@berdie

As do I. The stupidity behind this is astounding. ALL they have to do is take the cats to the county shelter,and if they are adoptable,they will be put up for adoption,and someone will adopt them. Not EVERYBODY is looking for kittens. There are a lot of adults that would like and adult cat or cats because they aren't are hard to take care of,and their idea of a good time is to lay in your lap and take a nap while purring.

While kittens ARE fun,they can also be challenging for someone who maybe doesn't bend over or get around as well as they used to,and just want a pet for a companion.

Hell,it doesn't even cost anything to drop them off  at the shelter. If there are any  fees to be paid for shots,etc,etc,etc,the new owner pays the fees,not the person who  drops them off.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6741 on: May 06, 2023, 01:28:35 am »
That's exactly the reason to get another @sneakypete

Your objections aside (because I dunno how else to put it), I been wondering lately why the good Lord prevented my replacing Chewy... Every single dog deal went sideways, and I am still without, and I finally gave up trying... Maybe he knew I was heading for this calamity I am currently enduring - I certainly would have trouble caring for a dog right now... Shoot, I am barely getting up and down... Maybe I get on the far side of all this, he'll allow for it.

@roamer_1

Sometimes we just have to make our own desires secondary to what is neccessary. If we/times get better,we can do better then. If not,no harm,no foul.

BTW,if it seems like things won't get better anytime soon,do both yourself and the pooch a "solid" and adopt an elderly dog that just likes to nap and get petted. You will enjoy this,and so will the dog.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 01:30:33 am by sneakypete »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6742 on: May 06, 2023, 02:10:48 am »
@roamer_1

Sometimes we just have to make our own desires secondary to what is neccessary. If we/times get better,we can do better then. If not,no harm,no foul.

BTW,if it seems like things won't get better anytime soon,do both yourself and the pooch a "solid" and adopt an elderly dog that just likes to nap and get petted. You will enjoy this,and so will the dog.

That's likely right... though an adult (not old) dog - I didn't sleep well when Chewy was no longer alert.... Ain't slept good since.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6743 on: May 06, 2023, 02:19:03 am »
That's likely right... though an adult (not old) dog - I didn't sleep well when Chewy was no longer alert.... Ain't slept good since.

@roamer_1

Yeah,well,it is likely that is because you miss the presence of a good and reliable friend,and nothing more.

Which is why pretty much everybody likes dogs,even if they don't have one themselves. There IS no better friend than a dog,and it makes no difference at all what breed of dog it is.

You will miss Chewy even after you get another dog because there is no such thing as replacing a true friend. You just get another true friend and keep your old one in your memories while enjoying life with the new one. Or new one to you,anyhow.

Which is ONE PRIME reason why everyone should see the evil in Muslims and Islam. I don't even trust Americans who  don't like dogs,never mind foreign bastards who follow a religion of hatred for most things,including dogs.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6744 on: May 07, 2023, 04:14:50 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6745 on: May 07, 2023, 05:54:44 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6746 on: May 07, 2023, 05:55:09 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6747 on: May 07, 2023, 05:55:35 pm »