Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502187 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #4725 on: October 28, 2022, 02:50:41 am »

Might be scarce for a few days.  Today we lost our beloved English Bulldog Boogie.  Though we had her 14 years, she ived a wonderful,  loved life, it sure was a terribly terribly sad day.  I will miss her "slugging" down the hill, where she learned to scoot on her back down hills for a back scratch.....  Or begging for Puporoni treats, or those happy bulldog snorts she would do when we came home. 

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

I don't have a cloud account, so I've honored Boogie Girl on my Account settings with her pic, which was her last a couple of weeks ago.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4726 on: October 28, 2022, 03:10:20 am »

Might be scarce for a few days.  Today we lost our beloved English Bulldog Boogie.  Though we had her 14 years, she ived a wonderful,  loved life, it sure was a terribly terribly sad day.  I will miss her "slugging" down the hill, where she learned to scoot on her back down hills for a back scratch.....  Or begging for Puporoni treats, or those happy bulldog snorts she would do when we came home. 

I don't have a cloud account, so I've honored Boogie Girl on my Account settings with her pic, which was her last a couple of weeks ago.

That looks like a purty good looking dog dog!  Sorry to hear about the doggie-shaped hole left in your heart.   :crying: :crying: :crying:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4727 on: October 28, 2022, 04:32:54 am »

It ain't alright. I am sorry for you and your fam... Losing a dog is a hard row no matter, and one of such long years, even more.  :crying:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4728 on: October 28, 2022, 07:34:16 am »

@catfish1957

My heart goes out to you and your family for this terrible loss,and it IS nothing less than a terrible loss.

My dobie "Natasha,Good Pooch" has been dead since 1980,and I still miss her and think of her all the time. My insanely mean female calico cat brought the dobie home with her one day,and how those two got together and became friends will always be a mystery to me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4729 on: October 28, 2022, 12:00:22 pm »

@catfish1957

I’m so sorry about your Boogie Girl. She’s a beautiful dog.

This is the worst part about having animals in our lives, it hurts like heck when we outlive them.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #4730 on: October 28, 2022, 12:02:03 pm »

I’m so sorry. Hugs to you.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4731 on: October 28, 2022, 12:33:53 pm »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4732 on: October 28, 2022, 08:07:28 pm »

So sorry for your loss, those of us who have adopted fur children know your loss all too well. We always have our memories of their love, even if those memories are salted with tears. Sorry my monitor just got all blurry on me.
@catfish1957

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4733 on: October 29, 2022, 12:17:05 am »

I'm so sorry @catfish1957 believe me when I tell you that I know what losing a beloved pet feels like.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #4734 on: October 29, 2022, 02:35:32 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #4735 on: October 30, 2022, 07:00:30 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4736 on: October 31, 2022, 04:24:02 am »
@Bigun
@GtHawk
@debrawiest
@Gefn
@sneakypete
@roamer_1
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks for the kind words from all.  Placed a Bulldog Statuette at her resting place this morning.  It's beem so long since we have lost a pet, but this was the hardest of all.   Again. thanks......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4737 on: October 31, 2022, 08:11:55 am »
@Bigun
@GtHawk
@debrawiest
@Gefn
@sneakypete
@roamer_1
@Cyber Liberty

Thanks for the kind words from all.  Placed a Bulldog Statuette at her resting place this morning.  It's beem so long since we have lost a pet, but this was the hardest of all.   Again. thanks......

Sorry to hear this... always hard to lose a friend.

Nearly lost our new kitten today... we are trying to acclimate him to the outside (after keeping him inside for a few weeks where he now knows he way in the dark)... We have kept him on the porch some now (he doesn't know how to operate the doggie/cat door to the outside)... He feels at home now on the porch... I take him to the shed with me and he feels at home and have let him outside for 20-30 minute increments... But today with my son, he wandered 20 feet and started climbing the cedar tree... The tree is a good 25 feet tall and dang if he didn't get to the top of it with ease... and then he just stayed there for hours...

My boy was getting pretty worried (and I was getting worried too), but I reassured him that most cats do this tree thing and when they get hungry they figure out how to climb down. Well, eventually he started working his way down, but not correctly (using the trunk of the tree to climb down)... He was working his way down via the limbs (not safe)... Then it started raining and he froze up about halfway up the tree... then he with coaxing he started down again, but eventually made it about 15 feet out on a limb and started losing grip... He fell and I was able to absorb about half his fall with a one hand attempted catch. He hit pretty hard, I picked him up and he was mad/scared/cold/hungry... We took him in and dried him and warmed him up with everyone taking their turn loving on him.

Tough critters... He is happy as a mouse in a closed cheese factory tonight... but he is gonna learn the hard way a few things it seems. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #4738 on: October 31, 2022, 09:59:18 am »

Nearly lost our new kitten today... we are trying to acclimate him to the outside (after keeping him inside for a few weeks where he now knows he way in the dark)... We have kept him on the porch some now (he doesn't know how to operate the doggie/cat door to the outside)... He feels at home now on the porch... I take him to the shed with me and he feels at home and have let him outside for 20-30 minute increments... But today with my son, he wandered 20 feet and started climbing the cedar tree... The tree is a good 25 feet tall and dang if he didn't get to the top of it with ease... and then he just stayed there for hours...

My boy was getting pretty worried (and I was getting worried too), but I reassured him that most cats do this tree thing and when they get hungry they figure out how to climb down. Well, eventually he started working his way down, but not correctly (using the trunk of the tree to climb down)... He was working his way down via the limbs (not safe)... Then it started raining and he froze up about halfway up the tree... then he with coaxing he started down again, but eventually made it about 15 feet out on a limb and started losing grip... He fell and I was able to absorb about half his fall with a one hand attempted catch. He hit pretty hard, I picked him up and he was mad/scared/cold/hungry... We took him in and dried him and warmed him up with everyone taking their turn loving on him.

Tough critters... He is happy as a mouse in a closed cheese factory tonight... but he is gonna learn the hard way a few things it seems.

Glad to hear the kitty came out fine.  They are tougher than we realize.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #4739 on: October 31, 2022, 10:26:39 am »
@Bigun
@GtHawk
@debrawiest
@Gefn
@sneakypete
@roamer_1
@Cyber Liberty

Oh @catfish1957

That sounds like a beautiful resting place for her. 
I hope you and your family are doing a little better. ❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #4740 on: October 31, 2022, 10:38:32 am »

@Sighlass

My kitties have always been strictly indoors. Maybe because I have lived in apartment complexes most of my life- ( I really haven’t lived in a house since I went to college.) and they’ve been off big roads and I daily see some poor critter in it (opossums, and deer mostly, with the occasional skunk, you get the idea)
I just don’t feel my pets would feel safe. And I’d worry.

I did have my kitties chipped. I know if they got out, I’d find them. But I could never have a kitty go outdoors.

-I have noticed when I’m at the dog park with my neighbor that many of the pups have one of those Apple Air Tags on the dog’s  collar.

Offline verga

« Reply #4741 on: October 31, 2022, 11:36:55 am »
@Bigun
@GtHawk
@debrawiest
@Gefn
@sneakypete
@roamer_1
@Cyber Liberty

Sorry to hear, condoelnces.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4742 on: October 31, 2022, 12:59:58 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4743 on: October 31, 2022, 01:01:18 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4744 on: October 31, 2022, 01:01:49 pm »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4745 on: October 31, 2022, 07:54:56 pm »
@Sighlass

My kitties have always been strictly indoors. Maybe because I have lived in apartment complexes most of my life- ( I really haven’t lived in a house since I went to college.) and they’ve been off big roads and I daily see some poor critter in it (opossums, and deer mostly, with the occasional skunk, you get the idea)
I just don’t feel my pets would feel safe. And I’d worry.

I did have my kitties chipped. I know if they got out, I’d find them. But I could never have a kitty go outdoors.

-I have noticed when I’m at the dog park with my neighbor that many of the pups have one of those Apple Air Tags on the dog’s  collar.

I guess I am right the opposite (Lady & the Tramp), I have only lived in an apartment once in my life, in college for less than a year... Our most domesticated animal is my wife's cat, snooty thing, but it likes to roam at night outside for a few hours (the colder the less time it likes out)... Works out good for us, cause she does her business outside 95% of the time (less cat litter for us). When she is ready to go back inside, she meows outside the wife's window to be let in.

This cat will be sorta the same (if it lives, some cats are just dumb) with more of an emphasis on being a porch cat with some time indoors. Porch is glassed in with small heat source vent, but mostly a heat lamp in one smug corner next to the windows (in the wood heater room so the windows give off a good amount of heat)... Under the heat lamp it stays around 70 degrees even when it is 10 degrees outside (rare to get that cold here).

Dangers of being a part time outside cat... 1. Stray dogs occasionally (why I tend to shoo away strays when I see them)... 2. The road (I have about 4 acres here, 2 here, 2 old house) is between my properties, some animals are street wise, some just never learn (about 10% of the time you get a dumb one). 3. If you don't neuter your males, they often will become roamers (aka lovers/fighters), and will occasionally disappear for a month at a time. Nothing like a good cat fight at 3am in the morning to rile you from a good sleep. Cats are territorial, even spayed and neutered, they will fight to protect their "area". So that is a down side, especially with a neighbor supplying a constant barrage of unneutered male cats that roam like I mentioned earlier.

The Dog has one of those electric shock collars on, so she says on her two acres, the nice thing is it gives the cats a sizable chunk of roam land where they are protected from other cats for the most part. My dog does not kill intruder cats/dogs, but she sure puts on a show like she would. She is a pretty good watch dog at night, but too cute/friendly to really be much in the daytime (she is quite fond of anyone that would rub her). This works out great for me, I will do the guarding in the daytime and she can do her job at night.

The corner where the animals keep warm at night (nothing like seeing my dog and her friend the cat snuggled up together on a cold night) gets a flea spray in the area once a month. Pretty much keeps them flea free (I guess you could chalk that up to a disadvantage of having an outside pet, fleas/ticks).

« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 08:55:59 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4746 on: October 31, 2022, 08:04:27 pm »
I guess I am right the opposite, I have only lived in an apartment once in my life, in college for less than a year... Our most domesticated animal is my wife's cat, snooty thing, but it likes to roam at night outside for a few hours (the colder the less time it likes out)... Works out good for us, cause she does her business outside 95% of the time (less cat litter for us). When she is ready to go back inside, she meows outside the wife's window to be let in.

Likewise. I rented for about two or three years. After that I have always owned. Never lived in an apartment. Never lived on less than 1/2 acre, always with creek frontage. Never had a litter box - Cats are generally free to go in and out at will through the dog door, which is only locked out at night - Late night - 11pm till 6 or 7am.

Generally, when I have had cats (which is mostly, just don't have them now) they do their business outside and want to be inside before lockup. Same, obviously, with dogs.

Online corbe

« Reply #4747 on: October 31, 2022, 08:15:06 pm »
   I trained my Cat to disregard his Litter box genetics/environment, it was a tough 7 months on our relationship. 
   Stubborn SOB, but so am I.

*Doggie Door owner.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 08:16:13 pm by corbe »

Offline berdie

« Reply #4748 on: October 31, 2022, 09:31:11 pm »
I'm not a good cat owner by many people's standards. There too many predators...owls, hawks, coyotes, dogs...

So I prefer that they remain indoors. Most dogs don't face similar problems, but  I prefer for  them to be in my fenced backyard or house. Truth be known, they would love to roam free as well.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4749 on: October 31, 2022, 09:49:45 pm »
I'm not a good cat owner by many people's standards. There too many predators...owls, hawks, coyotes, dogs...

So I prefer that they remain indoors. Most dogs don't face similar problems, but  I prefer for  them to be in my fenced backyard or house. Truth be known, they would love to roam free as well.
Years ago when we had a house and five cats we used to let them out during the day, odd thing is they never travelled more than one house to either side and we we kept them in at night especially after some sick son of bitch kicked or hit the side of my son's cat's head so bad she lost an eye along with other injuries. I had a real good idea who did it and let it be known if I caught them hurting another animal I would do the same to them. Sometimes it's good when people think your crazy, they believe you when you say certain things.