Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502213 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline Kamaji

Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #2651 on: March 06, 2022, 01:46:59 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2652 on: March 06, 2022, 01:48:16 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2653 on: March 06, 2022, 02:18:22 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2654 on: March 06, 2022, 03:38:43 pm »

@Kamaji

That HAS to be a photo op job. No dog in the world is going to do that because dogs can't climb trees.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2655 on: March 06, 2022, 03:42:28 pm »
@Kamaji

That HAS to be a photo op job. No dog in the world is going to do that because dogs can't climb trees.

:shrug:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2656 on: March 06, 2022, 03:50:28 pm »
@Kamaji

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cSkXR8Xq_Ls

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2657 on: March 06, 2022, 04:20:27 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cSkXR8Xq_Ls

@EdinVA

Jumping up to a limb is NOT climbing a tree.

Dogs don't have the "right" type of claws for tree climbing. Ever seen dogs "tree" a coon or a bear? They try desperately to climb the tree to get at them,proving that besides not being able to climb trees they ain't real smart,either.

They just THINK they want to get up in a tree with a bear or a coon because they have never done that.

Online corbe

« Reply #2658 on: March 06, 2022, 05:32:23 pm »
   It's very rare @sneakypete but I have met a couple of dogs that climbed trees just for the f@&k of it, not chasing game.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2659 on: March 06, 2022, 07:04:27 pm »
My neighbor has a Catahoula that is a heck of a tree climber. I'm told they are known for this talent. :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2660 on: March 06, 2022, 07:30:59 pm »
My neighbor has a Catahoula that is a heck of a tree climber. I'm told they are known for this talent. :laugh:

@bernie

I am sorry,but these dogs nor any other dogs have claws like a bear,alion or a leopard,and claws like that are essential for tree climbing when the limbs are higher than the dog can reach.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2661 on: March 06, 2022, 07:51:04 pm »
@bernie

I am sorry,but these dogs nor any other dogs have claws like a bear,alion or a leopard,and claws like that are essential for tree climbing when the limbs are higher than the dog can reach.

I'll be sure to tell Baxter (the dog) that he can't climb a tree. He'll be devasted, lol, since it is a favorite pastime.

What I have observed is he "clutches" the tree trunk with his front legs and boosts himself upward with his back paws/claws. I'm told this is not unusual behavior for the breed.  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2662 on: March 06, 2022, 08:37:57 pm »

I'll be sure to tell Baxter (the dog) that he can't climb a tree. He'll be devasted, lol, since it is a favorite pastime.

What I have observed is he "clutches" the tree trunk with his front legs and boosts himself upward with his back paws/claws. I'm told this is not unusual behavior for the breed.  :shrug:

@berdie

That might work with a short,thin tree,but not with something like a grown pine.

The "trick" isn't so much the climbing as it is the "getting back down. Even cats have a problem with this,and they are much better equipped when it comes to claws,and much lighter.

I think we have all seen cats "back down" a tree (their claws won't work if they try to come down head first),and the look of terror in their eyes as they come down.

Online GtHawk

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2664 on: March 06, 2022, 10:49:18 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGMlXHY3lq0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QH916abg-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1EjjQ2NzSM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVq7ljq2X_Q

@GtHawk

Looks to me like the "tree" that dog on the Carson Show climbed had been roughened up with a chisel or something similar so the dogs claws could find hold.

The other ones didn't really climb except for the one Jack Russel Terrier. They jumped up to a branch.

Even the Jack Russell had trouble,and the fact that he ignored all the other trees to "climb" that one seemed to me to be an indication he had reason to pick it out.

I am guessing the fire department was involved in getting him out of the tree,though. He was just too high up to jump and not get hurt.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #2665 on: March 06, 2022, 11:53:05 pm »
@GtHawk

Looks to me like the "tree" that dog on the Carson Show climbed had been roughened up with a chisel or something similar so the dogs claws could find hold.

The other ones didn't really climb except for the one Jack Russel Terrier. They jumped up to a branch.

Even the Jack Russell had trouble,and the fact that he ignored all the other trees to "climb" that one seemed to me to be an indication he had reason to pick it out.

I am guessing the fire department was involved in getting him out of the tree,though. He was just too high up to jump and not get hurt.
Well Pete you can't say that about the Border Collie it took a good look and after failing thee first time it climbed that tree, finding places to to get a 'toe' hold and it's next footing.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2667 on: March 07, 2022, 12:05:01 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2668 on: March 07, 2022, 12:05:50 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2669 on: March 07, 2022, 12:06:20 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2670 on: March 07, 2022, 12:06:45 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2671 on: March 07, 2022, 12:07:16 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2672 on: March 07, 2022, 01:04:23 pm »

Offline verga

« Reply #2673 on: March 07, 2022, 03:23:30 pm »
@verga

Congratulations on getting the pic to load and especially on getting this little sweetheart to make some progress. Sounds like it's going to be a challenge, but I believe in you and Vergette. Wouldn't mine working with this little guy myself, but I've got one who's had to come out of his own issues. I'm not about to upset his apple cart at this point! I can remember when I couldn't get him to eat. Now I can't keep him from eating. I think it's safe to say that he's settled in nicely.  3333hugs I just love him. He's a dude.
He is gorgeous. Best of luck with him.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #2674 on: March 07, 2022, 05:23:29 pm »
@Kamaji

@sneakypete Patrick McManus wrote a story about his dog being chased up a tree, by his sisters cat. We also had a dog Named Noiree (Female Shih Tzu/ Cocker mix) that was abole to get between 4 and 5 feet off the ground before gravity took over when chasing squirrels.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.