Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502231 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1925 on: September 25, 2021, 04:13:26 am »
Sadly, my current mutt is 50 pounds and too old to get up on the couch anymore. I keep thinking that once he passes I will go back to a Malamute/Wolf cross, but who am I kidding? Them dogs need a 5 mile run up a mountain every day just to shake their giggles out. Yeah... If I were a betting man, I guess I'd be betting on another Ozzie.  :shrug:

Get a senior dog. They're the ones most in need of a loving home.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1926 on: September 25, 2021, 04:15:11 am »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1927 on: September 25, 2021, 04:20:28 am »
Get a senior dog. They're the ones most in need of a loving home.

That's a good thought... But this is rough country and working dogs don't make it to senior very often... Particularly mountain dogs that are unattached. Brown, Mose and now Chewy - three of my dogs actually made it to the qualified end... Out of what, maybe nine dogs? All the rest taken early, many young and in their prime. My point being that there are no old unattached mountain dogs.  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1928 on: September 25, 2021, 04:36:25 am »
Piper and DK!  Linked from my post on Mark Levin's pet corner.

We brought Piper home from a rescue out by Virginia Tech.  The jury is still out on what all breeds made this girl, but our best guess is Irish Wolfhound, German Shepherd, Lab, and some sorta terrier.  We’ve taught her to be a Frisbee catching champ. Above all, she is a sweetheart, and our cat loves her.  The cat is named DK, short for Dumpster Kitty.  We lured her out of a dumpster in St. Simon’s Island, GA with a can of cat food.  These two are inseparable. Who says dogs and cats can’t get along?

@Saltbag

Not me!

The mean calico cat that decided to move in with me came home one afternoon,scratching at the door to be let in. I opened the door,and she walked in followed by a big fully-grown doberman pinscher. The Dobie jumped up in a chair,laid down,and went to sleep. She had no collar so I had no idea where she came from,her name,or anything else about her,other than for some bizarre reason she flat loved that mean-ass calico cat to death.  That's right,my mean old cat found her own bodyguard,and since she would fight anything that moved,including people,she needed one. If they had been separated during the day when  I went to work and let them out,the cat would do figure 8's around the dobies feet while the dobie licked her until she was dripping with slobber.

Damndest thing I ever seen,and I have no freaking idea how this adult cat and adult dog got together.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1929 on: September 25, 2021, 04:39:32 am »
I love people that love animals - it tells me everything I need to know about them.  People that love animals have a good heart.

@alicewonders

I can get along with people who don't like animals,but I will never trust one or call them "friend".

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1930 on: September 26, 2021, 12:14:18 am »
@alicewonders

I can get along with people who don't like animals,but I will never trust one or call them "friend".

@sneakypete

I got lots of doggy kisses this morning. Or the three dogs were trying to steal my breakfast bagel
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #1931 on: September 27, 2021, 12:06:11 pm »
@sneakypete

I got lots of doggy kisses this morning. Or the three dogs were trying to steal my breakfast bagel
Raimo has been very needy. Yesterday I was feeling like crap all day. He literally sat on my lap for about 10 hours. We got up for 3 short walks and he got up when vergette made dinner for him. He did not spend the night in bed with us though.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online corbe

« Reply #1932 on: October 01, 2021, 09:55:05 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1933 on: October 02, 2021, 05:52:58 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1934 on: October 02, 2021, 06:10:39 pm »
My cat would do this:

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1935 on: October 05, 2021, 12:52:29 pm »
Watch the look in its eyes at the end. Hummingbird rescue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URjAZwhZ334

Online corbe

« Reply #1936 on: October 05, 2021, 11:23:01 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1937 on: October 10, 2021, 01:15:59 am »
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 01:22:33 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #1938 on: October 13, 2021, 02:45:03 am »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online libertybele

« Reply #1940 on: October 13, 2021, 01:17:28 pm »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1941 on: October 18, 2021, 01:44:12 am »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1942 on: October 18, 2021, 01:53:45 am »
Here is a photo of Sylvia,my guard/attack cat.

She seems to be taking a break in the photo.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1943 on: November 01, 2021, 11:21:04 pm »
This parrot wants to be in pictures…

Parrot appears on camera on highway in Brazil

Oct 30, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew32VyQKUdI&t=30s

Online corbe

« Reply #1944 on: November 07, 2021, 02:53:14 am »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #1945 on: November 08, 2021, 09:39:40 pm »

:silly:

This is so true! It's why I don't change my clock on the mantle for 2 or 3 days after the time change. I make small adjustments in feeding time until I've bridged that gap. Fortunately, I'm not a super-structured person, plus my dog is very forgiving.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1946 on: November 13, 2021, 12:54:58 am »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1947 on: November 13, 2021, 01:22:32 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #1948 on: November 17, 2021, 04:25:07 am »

Online libertybele

« Reply #1949 on: November 23, 2021, 01:29:47 am »
Look at the smile on that baby doll's face!

Courageous Canine Who Lost His Legs–But Not His Hope–is Named 2021 Hero Dog of the Year

A four-year-old hound mix named Boone from Butler, Pennsylvania, took home the top prize.

Boone, who survived heartbreaking treatment as a puppy, bested more than 400 other competitors from across the country to win the award. Finalists from 7 categories went head-to-head collecting votes from the public—Law Enforcement / Detection Dogs, Service Dogs, Military Dogs, Search & Rescue Dogs, Shelter Dogs, Guide/Hearing Dogs, and, Therapy Dogs, which was Boone’s category.

Boone’s two back legs had to be amputated after the initial abuse, and he was fostered by a family with a soft spot for special needs pets. “He was calm as calm could be,” said Tanya Diable, his foster mom, who was so moved by the pup that she adopted him two days later..........

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/2021-hero-dog-award-winner/