Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502269 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1650 on: August 19, 2020, 11:29:21 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #1651 on: August 21, 2020, 07:31:09 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1652 on: August 21, 2020, 07:35:29 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1653 on: August 26, 2020, 04:23:00 pm »
My best friend of 40 years went on vacation.

He's divorced, so his ex-wife took care of their dog, LOLA, for a week.  The dog weighs about 70 lbs.

As she lives in an upper floor loft condo, the dog was apparently unable to maneuver the staircases so she had to actually carry her up THREE flights of stairs to the unit door.

All week.

She returns LOLA when he returns to vacation. and carried the dog up to his front door.

Ronnie opens the door and LOLA immediately runs and sprints upstairs to her bedroom.

:laugh:   :laugh:    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1654 on: August 26, 2020, 10:18:15 pm »
Today is National Dog Day.

Spoil your doggies!

:doglick:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1655 on: August 28, 2020, 06:33:40 am »
Well Hell, someone seems to think I don't have enough crap in my life! The puppy we picked out suddenly got ill and the breeder rushed him to the vet but he couldn't be saved and passed away, funny we never had any physical contact with the puppy but it still hurts. 8888crybaby

Life goes on and we picked another puppy from the litter, a girl, she's seven weeks old and you can tell from her feet she will be a dainty thing no more than 120 pounds or so. We are still set for the 1120 mile cruise next week and hopefully we will miss all the crap happening in Oregon and Washington but I will be amply prepared for trouble.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1656 on: August 28, 2020, 06:53:16 am »
Life goes on and we picked another puppy from the litter, a girl, she's seven weeks old and you can tell from her feet she will be a dainty thing no more than 120 pounds or so. We are still set for the 1120 mile cruise next week and hopefully we will miss all the crap happening in Oregon and Washington but I will be amply prepared for trouble.
[/size]

Look at the meat grabbers on that pup!  w00t! w00t!  :beer:

Offline verga

« Reply #1657 on: August 28, 2020, 11:07:23 am »
Well Hell, someone seems to think I don't have enough crap in my life! The puppy we picked out suddenly got ill and the breeder rushed him to the vet but he couldn't be saved and passed away, funny we never had any physical contact with the puppy but it still hurts. 8888crybaby

Sorry for your loss
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #1658 on: August 28, 2020, 11:11:03 am »
Kind thoughts and prayers. Foster (number 28-29) Mitzi was spayed yesterday and is a lot of pain. She cried most of the night even with pain meds. She seems better this morning but is still a bit of. She is a Pitti mix and the gentlest soul you would want to meet. Mostly white with a black saddle and some brown and black on the hind end. She was severely abused before we got her and is Heartworm positive.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1659 on: August 28, 2020, 11:23:24 am »
@GtHawk

I’m sorry about the pup. But I’m optimistic about the little girl.
Correction- Big girl, based on her paws after she grows into them.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1660 on: August 28, 2020, 11:25:16 am »
Kind thoughts and prayers. Foster (number 28-29) Mitzi was spayed yesterday and is a lot of pain. She cried most of the night even with pain meds. She seems better this morning but is still a bit of. She is a Pitti mix and the gentlest soul you would want to meet. Mostly white with a black saddle and some brown and black on the hind end. She was severely abused before we got her and is Heartworm positive.

@verga, I hope Mitzi continues to feel better. Getting fixed does hurt. Do the heart worms hurt her too?

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1661 on: August 28, 2020, 11:35:51 am »
I hope Mitzi feels better soon and treatment for Heartworm is effective before too much damage occurs, damn mosquitoes. I know it sounds wrong, but one of the reasons I initially chose a male because neutering much easier on them. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1662 on: August 28, 2020, 11:38:05 am »
@GtHawk

I’m sorry about the pup. But I’m optimistic about the little girl.
Correction- Big girl, based on her paws after she grows into them.
Yes she looks like she had no problem getting through her thirteen siblings to get to mamma to eat.

Offline verga

« Reply #1663 on: August 28, 2020, 12:27:28 pm »
@verga, I hope Mitzi continues to feel better. Getting fixed does hurt. Do the heart worms hurt her too?
They were caught before they became "severe" and she got treatment right away. Because of the treatment we have to keep her for at least 45 days. She is going to be hard to give up, and she will need a very compassionate adopter. She is terrified of EVERYTHING. But has the sweetest disposition. i fell in love with her just looking at her picture.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1664 on: August 29, 2020, 12:49:15 pm »

Hey @corbe

I told you my sister adopted a dachshund puppy last year? She’s the sweetest thing!

:doglick:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1665 on: August 29, 2020, 12:56:47 pm »
They were caught before they became "severe" and she got treatment right away. Because of the treatment we have to keep her for at least 45 days. She is going to be hard to give up, and she will need a very compassionate adopter. She is terrified of EVERYTHING. But has the sweetest disposition. i fell in love with her just looking at her picture.

@verga, I’ve always been a cat person, because I’ve never had a dog, but my sister’s dog is turning me around.

Before all this COVID stuff happened, I was working with my therapist and the state to get a real therapy dog, because the depression I’ve been going through since my friend/fiancé passed has been crippling. Now it’s on hold, but if things ever go back to semi normal again, and I get accepted, I’ve been told I would get a lab.

Offline verga

« Reply #1666 on: August 31, 2020, 11:07:50 am »
@verga, I’ve always been a cat person, because I’ve never had a dog, but my sister’s dog is turning me around.

Before all this COVID stuff happened, I was working with my therapist and the state to get a real therapy dog, because the depression I’ve been going through since my friend/fiancé passed has been crippling. Now it’s on hold, but if things ever go back to semi normal again, and I get accepted, I’ve been told I would get a lab.
Labs are amazing, BUT, they  LOVE to walk, and walk, and walk some more. When we had the boys, Jakey would walk for HOURS.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1667 on: August 31, 2020, 11:46:18 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1668 on: August 31, 2020, 11:55:32 pm »

HAHAHA! Another one of those weird life differences @DCPatriot ... I have not lived in a house with a doorbell in nearly 30 years... And while my folks place had a doorbell, we couldn't hear it for most of my life, because it only rings downstairs (and we lived upstairs)...  The whole house is remodeled for decades now, and I guess the doorbell works now, though nobody who belongs there uses it. Just the wayfarer or the salesman. Most folks know to go around back. And we know they are coming no matter which house or door... because the dogs ARE the doorbells.  :laugh:

My cabin never had one, and never will.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1669 on: September 09, 2020, 12:11:52 am »
Well after five days of frustration on the road, mainly Oregon and Washington we are finally back home with my new best friend to be.

Everyone meet Dixie, she's all tuckered out from sleeping all day while we were driving and then wanting us to play all night because she was wide awake.

I know, not politically correct naming a Schwartz Dixie in the current political sociological climate in America today, which was the first thing my liberal son told us. Well they can all whistle up their.......................

Ok, had her home for almost a week and found that Dixie just doesn't seem to fit, we decide that considering all the smoke we drove thru on the way home to go with Smokey which she seems to like also.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 03:56:03 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1670 on: September 09, 2020, 12:28:53 am »
 ***guitar man****
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1671 on: September 14, 2020, 10:45:20 am »
@GtHawk

Welcome Dixie! ❤️

I figured out how to reduce a large photo.

My avatar is my sister’s puppy Olivia. She’s a dachshund with a little cocker spaniel too. Looks like a dachshund but has soft black fur like a cocker spaniel. Very protective of my si ster, won’t let anyone near her.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1672 on: September 14, 2020, 01:28:30 pm »
Well after five days of frustration on the road, mainly Oregon and Washington we are finally back home with my new best friend to be.

Everyone meet Dixie, she's all tuckered out from sleeping all day while we were driving and then wanting us to play all night because she was wide awake.

I know, not politically correct naming a Schwartz Dixie in the current political sociological climate in America today, which was the first thing my liberal son told us. Well they can all whistle up their.......................

Congrats!  A dog is truly a mans best friend...

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1673 on: September 14, 2020, 02:18:01 pm »
@GtHawk

Who cares what anyone thinks?  Anyway, all the best to you and your new companion.  BTW, don't worry.  Dixie will get used to your routine and schedule. 

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1674 on: September 14, 2020, 04:00:48 pm »
@GtHawk

Welcome Dixie! ❤️

I figured out how to reduce a large photo.

My avatar is my sister’s puppy Olivia. She’s a dachshund with a little cocker spaniel too. Looks like a dachshund but has soft black fur like a cocker spaniel. Very protective of my si ster, won’t let anyone near her.
@Gefn
Very pretty dog! We have decided  that Dixie didn't fit and she didn't respond to it so we have decided to go with Smokey which she seems to like and respond to and fitting since we traveled through quite a bit of smoke from the California and Oregon fires to get her. She is quite the clown and very active between naps. It's been so many years since I had a young puppy I forgot how much work it is...................but worth all of it!

I use Imgur to format my pictures for posting and after being less lazy discovered that it has tools for cropping and sizing as well as giving the proper posting options for different websites. Not bad for free.

https://imgur.com/yxqRHbW
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 04:06:39 pm by GtHawk »