Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502126 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1175 on: December 12, 2017, 10:51:42 pm »
Sure you're hitting the "Open" button after you select the file?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

« Reply #1176 on: December 13, 2017, 03:08:26 am »
Sure you're hitting the "Open" button after you select the file?
Will try again
Okay that time it worked
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:09:14 am by verga »
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1177 on: December 18, 2017, 02:41:30 pm »
@verga So cute! I love it!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline verga

« Reply #1178 on: December 18, 2017, 08:36:24 pm »
@verga So cute! I love it!
@AllThatJazzZ She is finally coming out of her shell. The poor thing was a breeder dog and lived in a rabbit hutch for about 10 years. we estimate that she had about 100 pups maybe as many as 120. She jumped up on the couch the other day and later on rested her head in my wife's lap. She has been bumping us to get petted on several occasions.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #1179 on: December 20, 2017, 08:41:47 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ She is finally coming out of her shell. The poor thing was a breeder dog and lived in a rabbit hutch for about 10 years. we estimate that she had about 100 pups maybe as many as 120. She jumped up on the couch the other day and later on rested her head in my wife's lap. She has been bumping us to get petted on several occasions.

May y'all be richly rewarded for all the things you do for the critters that needed someone to step in on their behalf.  Here's a wet, sloppy kiss on behalf of those critters ...
:doglick:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline verga

« Reply #1180 on: December 21, 2017, 02:19:07 am »
May y'all be richly rewarded for all the things you do for the critters that needed someone to step in on their behalf.  Here's a wet, sloppy kiss on behalf of those critters ...
:doglick:
@AllThatJazzZ Thank you much appreciated. When I got home today, my wife told me that Miss Bonita climbed up the stairs to the bed with just a minimum of coaxing. Small steps.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #1181 on: December 21, 2017, 03:08:27 am »
@verga
The picture is so precious.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline verga

« Reply #1182 on: December 21, 2017, 11:01:40 pm »

Offline verga

« Reply #1183 on: January 13, 2018, 12:57:20 am »
Our newest foster. She was in a pet hoarder situation.
We believe that she is at least partially blind and seems to have 2 mammary masses.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1184 on: January 27, 2018, 08:38:31 pm »
My little boy, Snowflake, is not doing well.  Kidney disease and low blood count.  Was in the vet hospital for more than a week.  Picked him up yesterday, but he has been hiding ever since.  Won't come out.  Won't eat.  I was also given a whole slew of meds to give him, including one in an IV bag.  I have no idea how I'm going to administer these.  Yes, I was given a demonstration, but I'm no nurse.  I don't really have any help.   He's feisty -- bites and scratches, hisses and is good at getting away.  He's strong even though he's sick. Can't possibly hold him down and administer any of these meds.  Maybe it's time for me to let my little buddy go.  He's 14. 

Offline endicom

« Reply #1185 on: January 27, 2018, 09:20:07 pm »
Scotland Sled Dogs - http://www.nationalreview.com/slideshows/scotland-sled-dogs#0

Some of those dogs look deranged.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1186 on: January 27, 2018, 09:27:17 pm »
My little boy, Snowflake, is not doing well.  Kidney disease and low blood count.  Was in the vet hospital for more than a week.  Picked him up yesterday, but he has been hiding ever since.  Won't come out.  Won't eat.  I was also given a whole slew of meds to give him, including one in an IV bag.  I have no idea how I'm going to administer these.  Yes, I was given a demonstration, but I'm no nurse.  I don't really have any help.   He's feisty -- bites and scratches, hisses and is good at getting away.  He's strong even though he's sick. Can't possibly hold him down and administer any of these meds.  Maybe it's time for me to let my little buddy go.  He's 14.

Do you live in a city?  I found, through my vet, people (vet techs) who will come to your house to help you give the meds, usually at a reasonable price...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1187 on: January 27, 2018, 11:07:07 pm »
Thanks @Cyber Liberty I'll look into that.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1188 on: January 27, 2018, 11:24:21 pm »
Have had a slew of animals during my time on this furious planet. But have to admit I was surprised how well loved our latest dog has been. Every morning my kid gets up and goes and lays with her on the porch (under a heat lamp during winter). She is all Beagle (that means all nose, smell dictates most every move).

Here she is last year. She is 3 times that size now. Good dog as long as the batteries in her collar hold up (invisible fence).

I hate having to bury them, leaves a hole in your heart. So I feel for those of you that have lost your pets.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1189 on: January 28, 2018, 01:58:02 am »

I'm so sorry, @Applewood
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1190 on: January 28, 2018, 02:28:16 am »
@Applewood , I'm sorry.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1191 on: January 28, 2018, 02:57:27 am »
It seems that a number of Briefers have been dealing with the loss of dear pets since I joined. 

I came across this image that I hope will be appreciated here...and might provide some odd bit of comfort, knowing how many people have had to go through these hard times, but that we all understand  our furry (or scaly?) companions are more than "just animals".

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1192 on: January 28, 2018, 02:59:14 am »
Ping

@Hopalong Ginsberg

Bless you @Suppressed

Thank you to the kind peopke who shared their lives with Dewey, I hope to meet this cat someday,
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:01:02 am by Freya »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1193 on: January 28, 2018, 03:02:06 am »
Have had a slew of animals during my time on this furious planet. But have to admit I was surprised how well loved our latest dog has been. Every morning my kid gets up and goes and lays with her on the porch (under a heat lamp during winter). She is all Beagle (that means all nose, smell dictates most every move).

Here she is last year. She is 3 times that size now. Good dog as long as the batteries in her collar hold up (invisible fence).

I hate having to bury them, leaves a hole in your heart. So I feel for those of you that have lost your pets.

[img]https://s9.postimg.org/hlvauqoe7/Sassy.jpg[/omg

What a cutie, @Sighlass

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1194 on: January 28, 2018, 05:21:40 am »
@Freya
@Suppressed

Thank you.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1195 on: January 28, 2018, 05:34:06 am »
We ❤️You @Applewood

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1196 on: January 28, 2018, 06:12:04 am »
We ❤️You @Applewood

Thank you @Freya   Back at ya.

Offline Hopalong Ginsberg

« Reply #1197 on: January 28, 2018, 07:23:45 am »
Ping

@Hopalong Ginsberg

Bless you @Suppressed

Thank you to the kind peopke who shared their lives with Dewey, I hope to meet this cat someday,

Thanks for the ping - that really is sweet.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1198 on: January 28, 2018, 03:13:55 pm »

@Applewood

Sorry to hear about your little cat.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:15:48 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1199 on: January 28, 2018, 03:58:13 pm »
@Applewood

Keep us in the loop about Snowflake