Author Topic: Pets Welcomed  (Read 502261 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Pets Welcomed
« Reply #1125 on: June 14, 2017, 01:48:08 pm »
My....they are lucky to have you, @austingirl    888high58888   Nice pics!

Thanks @DCPatriot. I am lucky to have them- pets add so much to our lives.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

Dog photo contest winner
« Reply #1126 on: June 27, 2017, 01:12:00 am »
http://digg.com/2017/kennel-club-dog-photographer-awards?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=170623&utm_campaign=moneystuff

The "Dog Photographer Of The Year" competition, an annual contest organized by the UK-based animal welfare organization the Kennel Club, has announced its winners, and unsurprisingly the winning photos are chock full of very good dogs.

Some beautiful photos of man's and woman's best friend

@Freya  doggie ping?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1127 on: June 27, 2017, 07:14:15 am »
Will do in the morning, @austingirl

Thanks!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1128 on: June 30, 2017, 12:17:30 am »

@DCPatriot
I posted this picture of Bobbi last year.

Bobbi went to heaven today. She had metastatic cancer. She went very quickly and peacefully. My vet came to the house as he did for Rocky just last August. She was the best girl. The vet said she was hanging on for me and I believe it.

I never did get a third dog after Rocky died which I regret mightily. Hank is upset and looking for her. I am taking him to meet a little terrier girl tomorrow morning. I hope they are a good fit because he is having a tough time alone.

Bobbi was the funniest hunter- tail-wagging with no stealth whatsoever. My heart is broken and I will treasure her forever. I adopted her when she was 3 and she was my dear love for 11 years. I thank God for every minute of her precious life.

@Freya @Polly Ticks @Sanguine @verga @DCPatriot

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1129 on: June 30, 2017, 12:19:13 am »

This is Bobbi- a little Cairn terrier girl rescue. She is about thirteen now.

This is Bobbi who in now in heaven.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #1130 on: June 30, 2017, 12:21:51 am »
This is Bobbi who in now in heaven.

So sorry for your loss.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1131 on: June 30, 2017, 12:23:09 am »
So sorry for your loss.

Thank you for your kindness. @RoosGirl

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1132 on: June 30, 2017, 12:25:17 am »
@austingirl , my heart breaks for your loss.

Take care.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1133 on: June 30, 2017, 12:39:43 am »
Bobbi went to heaven today. She had metastatic cancer. She went very quickly and peacefully. My vet came to the house as he did for Rocky just last August. She was the best girl. The vet said she was hanging on for me and I believe it.

I never did get a third dog after Rocky died which I regret mightily. Hank is upset and looking for her. I am taking him to meet a little terrier girl tomorrow morning. I hope they are a good fit because he is having a tough time alone.

Bobbi was the funniest hunter- tail-wagging with no stealth whatsoever. My heart is broken and I will treasure her forever. I adopted her when she was 3 and she was my dear love for 11 years. I thank God for every minute of her precious life.

Thoughts are with you today, @austingirl      8888crybaby
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1134 on: June 30, 2017, 12:49:30 am »

So sorry, @austingirl!  Damn, that's hard. 

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1135 on: June 30, 2017, 01:19:18 am »

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, @austingirl

It's hard to let them go, and they take a piece of our hearts with them.
{{{hugs}}}

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1136 on: June 30, 2017, 01:21:11 am »
Bobbi went to heaven today.

I'm so sorry to read this, @austingirl.

How cute.  Sounds like she had spirit!

I hope you find a good companion for Hank, and that Rocky and Bobbi are having fun on the other side.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1137 on: June 30, 2017, 02:35:00 am »

Sorry to hear about your baby...we have all lost a dear pet and it is hard to get over.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

« Reply #1138 on: June 30, 2017, 11:06:32 am »

@austingirl I am sorry for your loss.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1139 on: June 30, 2017, 10:07:05 pm »
@Freya  @Suppressed @DCPatriot @verga @Polly Ticks @mystery-ak @Sanguine

Thank you all for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

Things went well at the rescue today with Hank and Harriet, a little terrier girl that bears a lot of resemblance to Bobbi. Hank was confused and worried but he tolerated her just fine. When she comes home he will realize that she is his new buddy. She absolutely loved him and me! She will help us have joy again.

The woman who runs the rescue out of her home is a saint. She takes in many animals that other shelters won't. God bless her.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:14:40 pm by austingirl »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1140 on: June 30, 2017, 10:18:23 pm »
Oh, that is such good news, @austingirl !  You just made my day!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #1141 on: June 30, 2017, 10:38:30 pm »
Y'all, please be aware that I have heard of many cases of canine flu recently.  I'm in the periphery now of the dog show circuit and many of my friends that are still showing either have been affected directly or know of someone.  Many are staying away from shows for a while and/or gotten their dogs vaccinated.  I'm passing this along for you to be aware if you take your dog(s) to places like dog parks, etc.  This flu is apparently pretty nasty for them, especially puppies and older dogs.  My dogs don't go anywhere anymore, but if they did I would get them vaccinated or stay away from high risk areas.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #1142 on: July 07, 2017, 04:05:10 pm »

Harriet, Hank's new friend. She has had a very hard life but I hope to change that. Hank is not enamored yet.

@Freya finally relearned how to post pics!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:06:34 pm by austingirl »

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #1143 on: July 07, 2017, 04:49:18 pm »
Y'all, please be aware that I have heard of many cases of canine flu recently.  I'm in the periphery now of the dog show circuit and many of my friends that are still showing either have been affected directly or know of someone.  Many are staying away from shows for a while and/or gotten their dogs vaccinated.  I'm passing this along for you to be aware if you take your dog(s) to places like dog parks, etc.  This flu is apparently pretty nasty for them, especially puppies and older dogs.  My dogs don't go anywhere anymore, but if they did I would get them vaccinated or stay away from high risk areas.

Northern Illinoisy is a hotspot of it right now. Luckily, our mutt is isolated out in the country with us. No need of a dog park to get his exercise......Squirrels, deer, rabbits, and turkeys give him extensive workouts....

Wingnut

« Reply #1144 on: July 07, 2017, 04:52:46 pm »
@austingirl , my heart breaks for your loss.

Ditto's
   So sorry to hear

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1145 on: July 07, 2017, 05:01:58 pm »

Harriet, Hank's new friend. She has had a very hard life but I hope to change that. Hank is not enamored yet.

She's very cute, Austingirl!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1146 on: July 07, 2017, 05:02:16 pm »

She's a cutie pie @austingirl

I hope you, Harriet, and Hank have many happy years together.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #1147 on: July 07, 2017, 07:49:04 pm »

I took my Great Pyr to the vet yesterday because he has an ear infection and the doc told me about the flu epidemic in the area.  I had him vaccinated.  Also told me that Atticus weighs 142.5 lbs.  Even for a large boned, tall Great Pyre that is too much.  We were up this morning and at the part to walk a quick mile.  I was dragging him toward the end and he came home, took a drink, climbed into our bed and went to sleep. 

I sort of feel like a heel, but have to get his weight down.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #1148 on: July 07, 2017, 08:31:13 pm »
I took my Great Pyr to the vet yesterday because he has an ear infection and the doc told me about the flu epidemic in the area.  I had him vaccinated.  Also told me that Atticus weighs 142.5 lbs.  Even for a large boned, tall Great Pyre that is too much.  We were up this morning and at the part to walk a quick mile.  I was dragging him toward the end and he came home, took a drink, climbed into our bed and went to sleep. 

I sort of feel like a heel, but have to get his weight down.

Cut out all the treats and cut his food back by about 20% until he's down to fighting weight.

There is also a great ear med you can get over the counter, Amazon carries it, called Zymox.  I keep it on hand and have found it does a great job.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1149 on: July 07, 2017, 09:45:40 pm »

Dawwwww!  She's precious.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra