Author Topic: The Tables Down at Mory's  (Read 362285 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: The Tables Down at Mory's
« Reply #2450 on: October 31, 2021, 11:21:27 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sb0Ii0EkUY

LOL!  Denise Richards on FRIENDS   :2popcorn:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2451 on: November 01, 2021, 01:49:51 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2452 on: November 01, 2021, 01:59:02 am »
If 2020 had a theme song.....

I was reminiscing about the Disco Clubs we frequented back in the late 70's.  The dance contests.   What beautiful women...the dresses and heels...that disco light.

....and most of all, the music!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2453 on: November 01, 2021, 01:35:18 pm »
I was reminiscing about the Disco Clubs we frequented back in the late 70's.  The dance contests.   What beautiful women...the dresses and heels...that disco light.

The disco version of Disco Inferno was on the Saturday Night  Fever album, and it was 15 minutes long...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2454 on: November 01, 2021, 01:47:37 pm »

All without tattoos......   :beer:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 01:48:24 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2456 on: November 03, 2021, 02:36:34 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2457 on: November 06, 2021, 12:12:38 am »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2458 on: November 06, 2021, 03:44:37 am »
[...]

SEE? Weird.

I have never been in a traffic jam in my life.  :shrug: :seeya: :tongue2:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2459 on: November 06, 2021, 08:50:29 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwFloCPXzCs

I Put a Spell On You...Angelina Jordan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2460 on: November 06, 2021, 09:02:28 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2461 on: November 07, 2021, 12:04:30 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHnkVextoQw

Angelina Jordan covers Dinah Washington's "What a Difference a Day Makes...24 little hours"

BEGINS AT 1:43

Will you please look at this little girl's face?  Where in the world does that sound and passion come from?  At 7 years old??

@Cyber Liberty
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 12:05:28 am by DCPatriot »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2462 on: November 07, 2021, 12:55:27 am »
Will you please look at this little girl's face?  Where in the world does that sound and passion come from?  At 7 years old??

@Cyber Liberty

It worries me a little, I think.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2463 on: November 07, 2021, 02:17:15 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHnkVextoQw

Angelina Jordan covers Dinah Washington's "What a Difference a Day Makes...24 little hours"

BEGINS AT 1:43

Some people I know would say she's an old soul @DCPatriot    happy77

Whatever the reason,  this was an amazing performace.   Amazing. :thud:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2464 on: November 07, 2021, 06:39:54 am »
Some people I know would say she's an old soul @DCPatriot    happy77

Whatever the reason,  this was an amazing performace.   Amazing. :thud:

@Right_in_Virginia

She reminds me so much of the co-star of The Wonder Years...it's what made me run to IMDB.

And I was wrong...she wasn't "dubbed" in Lilyhammer.  That was he actual voice.   

Like @Cyber Liberty  said...it's a bit unnerving.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2465 on: November 10, 2021, 09:43:06 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42_oWaWsiYs

LOL funny.

NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK... and NOT SUITABLE FOR SENSITIVE EARS!!

It's why it's here in "Mory's"

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2466 on: November 24, 2021, 03:40:25 am »
SEE? Weird.

I have never been in a traffic jam in my life.  :shrug: :seeya: :tongue2:
Oh I have. Ole Swenson got a grain truck stuck in second and backed up cars for two blocks...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2467 on: November 24, 2021, 10:17:53 am »
Oh I have. Ole Swenson got a grain truck stuck in second and backed up cars for two blocks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePjFAZKWKVo

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2468 on: November 24, 2021, 05:41:49 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePjFAZKWKVo
That's why people haul their headers on trailers around here if they're going very far.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2469 on: November 24, 2021, 09:56:05 pm »
That's why people haul their headers on trailers around here if they're going very far.

@Smokin Joe

That guy could be the "Spokes Punk" for asshat. I live in a rural area and have done so for most of my life,and REAL farmers are not like that. If they have to go further than to the next field,they dissamble the front and haul it on a trailer,along with the tractor.

And it will either take two trips,or something bigger and with better brakes than a pu truck.

Ever wonder why you sometimes see farm trucks for sale with insane low mileage? The reason is a serious farmer NEEDS them to haul his heavy equipment,and when he doesn't need them,they stay in the barn and he drives his pu.

There ain't no such critter as a spendthrift farmer. Yeah,they MIGHT make a freaking ton of money this year,but that doesn't mean they are going to make a nickel next year or even the year after that.

The person in charge of their income is Mother Nature,and she can be a mean old bitch,and the tax bills and other expenses keep rolling in,regardless of anything else.

Don't believe me? Check out the prices for tires for one of those babies,and make sure you include labor,because you are NOT going to to this at home.

There ain't NOTHING on a combine that is within shouting distance of "cheap" unless it is the key that unlocks the cab and starts it.

The same thing goes for any other self-propelled farm machine. You can buy a house cheaper than you can buy most of the powered machines they work with.

If some REAL farmer slaps the piss out of that punk,he can count on me for contributions to his bail and defense funds.

That video REALLY pisses me off.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 10:02:55 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2470 on: November 25, 2021, 12:20:41 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SabmK_qNR5o

Yikes!!  Amazing cover artist.  Sara Loera    Edge of Seventeen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ_Kf2HzKG4

Journey - Don't Stop Believing
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 12:25:39 am by DCPatriot »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2471 on: November 25, 2021, 12:32:10 am »

Around here, they ain't ever going far... But that ain't the point... It could be ANY farm equipment being roaded. City folks get wrapped around the axle over getting stuck behind a slow moving vehicle, as if a tractor can do any different... But they will sit for hours in a bumper-to-bumper traffic jam.

Around here there is always something slow trying to make it up a grade. It ain't no thing, and generally they have the courtesy to pull off and let people around when they can. That's a whole nother thing from six lanes bumper to bumper and standing still.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2472 on: November 25, 2021, 03:40:36 am »
@Smokin Joe

That guy could be the "Spokes Punk" for asshat. I live in a rural area and have done so for most of my life,and REAL farmers are not like that. If they have to go further than to the next field,they dissamble the front and haul it on a trailer,along with the tractor.

And it will either take two trips,or something bigger and with better brakes than a pu truck.

Ever wonder why you sometimes see farm trucks for sale with insane low mileage? The reason is a serious farmer NEEDS them to haul his heavy equipment,and when he doesn't need them,they stay in the barn and he drives his pu.

There ain't no such critter as a spendthrift farmer. Yeah,they MIGHT make a freaking ton of money this year,but that doesn't mean they are going to make a nickel next year or even the year after that.

The person in charge of their income is Mother Nature,and she can be a mean old bitch,and the tax bills and other expenses keep rolling in,regardless of anything else.

Don't believe me? Check out the prices for tires for one of those babies,and make sure you include labor,because you are NOT going to to this at home.

There ain't NOTHING on a combine that is within shouting distance of "cheap" unless it is the key that unlocks the cab and starts it.

The same thing goes for any other self-propelled farm machine. You can buy a house cheaper than you can buy most of the powered machines they work with.

If some REAL farmer slaps the piss out of that punk,he can count on me for contributions to his bail and defense funds.

That video REALLY pisses me off.
LOL! What he really missed is that if he's only doing 5 MPH, he is idling in second (maybe), and doing nowhere near the road speed you can get out of one of those things.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2473 on: November 25, 2021, 03:43:49 am »
Around here, they ain't ever going far... But that ain't the point... It could be ANY farm equipment being roaded. City folks get wrapped around the axle over getting stuck behind a slow moving vehicle, as if a tractor can do any different... But they will sit for hours in a bumper-to-bumper traffic jam.

Around here there is always something slow trying to make it up a grade. It ain't no thing, and generally they have the courtesy to pull off and let people around when they can. That's a whole nother thing from six lanes bumper to bumper and standing still.
Y'all have small fields...gotta be. But they seldom road one of those more than a couple of miles before they are at the next field anyway. A little patience is in order, that's all. It's like being behind a large crane or a workover rig or any other large load. We have passing lanes on the two lane roads every 4 or 5 miles, so just pay attention and set yourself up in a good spot for the next one and you'll get by. Besides, when the weather is nice, it's road construction (obstruction) season, so you should allow time for delays.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2474 on: November 25, 2021, 04:17:56 pm »
LOL! What he really missed is that if he's only doing 5 MPH, he is idling in second (maybe), and doing nowhere near the road speed you can get out of one of those things.

@Smokin Joe
They are engineered to handle best at very slow speeds because it is more effecient. They get squirrely as hell at anything more than a walking speed.

AND.....,that is a LOT of weight to try to stop quickly.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!