Author Topic: The Tables Down at Mory's  (Read 362286 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: The Tables Down at Mory's
« Reply #2350 on: May 14, 2021, 12:08:19 am »

I can't say.............. I can't say because I can't recall the last time I wasn't a...........

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2351 on: May 14, 2021, 01:01:17 am »
Every day.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2352 on: May 14, 2021, 01:04:23 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2353 on: May 14, 2021, 02:33:52 am »

@DCPatriot

Yes. I hope I never make THAT mistake again.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2354 on: May 14, 2021, 02:57:16 am »
@DCPatriot

Yes. I hope I never make THAT mistake again.

@sneakypete

LOL!  That meme can get a person thinking   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2355 on: May 14, 2021, 07:07:54 am »

Yeah. I corrected that with the application of a suitable amount of assholiness.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2356 on: May 14, 2021, 12:00:32 pm »

Oh gosh yes. In my twenties and thirties I was afraid of upsetting people, once I turned forty I stopped caring if people liked me and yes, I did feel better speaking my mind. I like getting older sometimes
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 12:01:57 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2357 on: May 14, 2021, 12:35:47 pm »
I can't say.............. I can't say because I can't recall the last time I wasn't a...........

Same here.  They don't call me the King of the Curmudgeons for nothing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2358 on: May 14, 2021, 09:05:01 pm »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 03:29:00 am by DCPatriot »

Online corbe

« Reply #2359 on: May 14, 2021, 09:21:05 pm »
   Was Listening to Waterfall ~ Jimi Hendrix (Original Experience Vinyl) but only found this good cover.  @DCPatriot

Michael Kiwanuka - Waterfall - Jimi Hendrix - cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Uft7KFz_o

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2360 on: May 14, 2021, 09:59:12 pm »
Not sure how many of you are fans of The Far Side... but... it's back.
https://www.thefarside.com/new-stuff

(Been back for months, apparently, but this is the first time I noticed.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 10:04:12 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2361 on: May 14, 2021, 10:04:28 pm »
Not sure how many of you are fans of The Far Side... but... it's back.
https://www.thefarside.com/

(Been back for months, apparently, but this is the first time I noticed.)

I saw that some time ago, but the toons came out about 1 a month.  Glad he's daily.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2362 on: May 15, 2021, 12:11:43 am »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2363 on: May 15, 2021, 02:50:57 am »
I saw that some time ago, but the toons came out about 1 a month.  Glad he's daily.
The daily stuff is mostly reprints (but even that is a blessing given that Larson was pretty strict on copyrights for a long time, and to an extent still is).

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2364 on: May 16, 2021, 12:38:36 am »
   Was Listening to Waterfall ~ Jimi Hendrix (Original Experience Vinyl) but only found this good cover.  @DCPatriot

Michael Kiwanuka - Waterfall - Jimi Hendrix - cover

Wow!  Thanks for turning me on to that!  @corbe

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2365 on: May 16, 2021, 01:14:08 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hODALOTiH6A

Comfortable Numb

David Bowie and Richard Wright...Rest in Peace!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2366 on: May 20, 2021, 10:04:26 pm »
Aww... we've been unpinned :(

Online corbe

« Reply #2367 on: May 20, 2021, 10:44:45 pm »
    I had nothing to do with this immoral unstickered.  I stay up with this Thread, even though we've had 'our' little problems in the past. 

But too damn many stickies clutter up a website.

Usually the excessive amounts of stickies don't bother me @jmyrlefuller  UNLESS:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2368 on: May 20, 2021, 11:36:14 pm »
    I had nothing to do with this immoral unstickered.  I stay up with this Thread, even though we've had 'our' little problems in the past. 

But too damn many stickies clutter up a website.

Usually the excessive amounts of stickies don't bother me @jmyrlefuller  UNLESS:

@jmyrlefuller

How dare you??    9999hair out0000     :laugh:

Seriously though...I fail to see how it was bothering anyone.  "FLOTUS FASHION" is still pinned, for chrissakes.

Mory's goes back to our beginning.  Please reconsider.  Thanks. 

Online corbe

« Reply #2369 on: May 20, 2021, 11:54:27 pm »
   I'm not certain @jmyrlefuller implied that he unstckied the only Bar in this place, which incidentally I have been 86'd from.  Obviously it still butthurts me BUT you can't deny that TBR as a whole has too many damn stickies.  In this time of desperation we ALL must make sacrifices.

*Only drunk whores and stoners would come into my BAR so it's not plausible, HERE.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2370 on: May 21, 2021, 12:04:57 am »
I set about finding out who exactly unsticked this excellent thread, and it turned out it was me!  I'll be damned if I know how that happened.

Stickied.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2371 on: May 21, 2021, 12:43:20 am »
Seriously though...I fail to see how it was bothering anyone.  "FLOTUS FASHION" is still pinned, for chrissakes.
I can (and did) fix that. Nothing against Melania, but she hasn't been (officially) FLOTUS since January.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2372 on: May 21, 2021, 12:55:19 am »
I can (and did) fix that. Nothing against Melania, but she hasn't been (officially) FLOTUS since January.

@jmyrlefuller   @Cyber Liberty  @corbe

LOL!  First, you do an excellent job keeping this category in order!   :beer:

Pat knows what Mory's means to me.  During one of Luis' lengthy sabbaticals, I sort of kept it up...making sure no political posts, etc..  BTW, I sure hope that Luis is in good health and spirits.  @Luis Gonzalez

Can count on one hand and have fingers left over how many times I had to remind somebody about that.

It is mostly ...to me anyway... a club where you can hear and watch great renditions of our favorite artists...as well as post risque memes.

The thread holds a lot of sentimentality for me.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 12:58:53 am by DCPatriot »

Online corbe

« Reply #2373 on: May 21, 2021, 12:56:24 am »
   Crap, @Cyber Liberty Mory's always seemed so inclusive to me.   
   I wanted to start a NEW BAR that included Transvestites and @Wingnut
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 12:58:05 am by corbe »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2374 on: May 21, 2021, 07:16:06 am »
   Crap, @Cyber Liberty Mory's always seemed so inclusive to me.   
   I wanted to start a NEW BAR that included Transvestites and @Wingnut
Not without at least an effigy of Frank under the pool table.

C S Lewis