Author Topic: The Tables Down at Mory's  (Read 362247 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Tables Down at Mory's
« Reply #2200 on: August 10, 2020, 01:45:47 am »
Catfish Corollary No. 2869

Just because the Stamp says "Forever" on it, doesn't mean the glue is.
You don't lick the new ones...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #2201 on: August 10, 2020, 01:54:20 am »
   I've discovered too, only the old ones like being liked.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2202 on: August 10, 2020, 02:00:47 am »

I don't think I have mailed a single thing in more than a decade I honestly can't remember the last letter I mailed. I never use the mailbox. Every now and then the bank calls me up to say my address is no good so they can't mail statements (that I get by email anyway)... That's when I know to go unload the mailbox and leave a letter and a brownie in it for the mail lady, asking her to turn it back on... because if the state or the county gets mail kicked back, it's way worse than the bank.

But in truth, I don't use the mailbox at all otherwise.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2203 on: August 10, 2020, 03:35:15 am »

lol...no...  The self adhesivenness  on an old sheet of self adhesive ones  is null and void.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2204 on: August 10, 2020, 10:43:11 am »
lol...no...  The self adhesivenness  on an old sheet of self adhesive ones  is null and void.
Tape it on...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2205 on: August 10, 2020, 01:18:13 pm »
Tape it on...

Nope.  The post office will reject a stamp that has clear plastic covering it, because it can't be Cancelled.  Use glue.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2206 on: August 10, 2020, 03:06:15 pm »
@DCPatriot

Here is one you have to see and hear to believe. Every heard "WAH WAH violin"?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lili+haydn+maggot+brain

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2207 on: August 10, 2020, 03:24:32 pm »
@DCPatriot

Here is one you have to see and hear to believe. Every heard "WAH WAH violin"?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lili+haydn+maggot+brain

That's amazing, @sneakypete !  Thanks for turning me on to it.

Visually, her attire ruined it for me.  A sparkle Jumpsuit that fits like she bought it at Lane Bryant.  Should have been cut-off jeans up high with a Daisy Mae halter.  LOL!

Secondly... after watching Tina S do her covers, I'm in awe that she can do them without a hint of emotion/expression.

It's like she goes into a trance.  I love a talent like that.

I wonder if she's a normal young lady otherwise.  She's got to be 21 now.  20?

edited to add:  Only bring the emotion part up because Lily Haydn could have lightened up a bit.  But the sound was awesome.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 03:26:20 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2208 on: August 10, 2020, 03:57:06 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2209 on: August 10, 2020, 08:43:07 pm »
That's amazing, @sneakypete !  Thanks for turning me on to it.

Visually, her attire ruined it for me.  A sparkle Jumpsuit that fits like she bought it at Lane Bryant.  Should have been cut-off jeans up high with a Daisy Mae halter.  LOL!

Secondly... after watching Tina S do her covers, I'm in awe that she can do them without a hint of emotion/expression.

It's like she goes into a trance.  I love a talent like that.

I wonder if she's a normal young lady otherwise.  She's got to be 21 now.  20?

edited to add:  Only bring the emotion part up because Lily Haydn could have lightened up a bit.

@DCPatriot

Well,the song was originally written by Eddie Hazel from Parlmentic Funkadelic,and when he went into the studio to record it,the engineer told him "Play it like you just heard your mama died".

Kinda hard to "lighten up" on a song like that.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2210 on: August 16, 2020, 06:46:17 pm »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2211 on: August 19, 2020, 06:17:16 pm »
I came across this live performance of a forgotten (for me) but wonderful song.  My goodness.  Where has this kind of magic gone?  First recording was 43 years ago in 1977.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2212 on: August 19, 2020, 07:24:29 pm »
 999yawn
I came across this live performance of a forgotten (for me) but wonderful song.  My goodness.  Where has this kind of magic gone?  First recording was 43 years ago in 1977.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@Lando Lincoln

It's still out there,but it doesn't attract the teeny-bopper crowd or the hip-hop crowd,so ya have to look for it a  little.

Here is one by a guy that no one would describe as new,but he is still writing and performing. He is doing this with John Paul White,a VERY talented younger singer and writer,and his ex-wife Roseanne Cash. You may have heard of her daddy.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Sorry. I can never stop at just one Rodney Crowell song.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

This is really your fault. I was minding my own business before I read your post.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

BTW,I was watching Austin City Limits one night when they had a songwriters special,featuring Rodney,Willie Nelson,and Lyle Lovette. The idea was each would sing their favorite songs by the others. Rodney actually sang one of Willie's songs with so much feeling he had Willie crying on stage in front of the cameras.

THAT'S both vocal and song-writing power!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2213 on: August 19, 2020, 07:32:25 pm »
@Lando Lincoln

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

This one is for you in case you need a little spiritual guidance after dealing with Rodney.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online corbe

« Reply #2214 on: August 20, 2020, 09:58:46 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2215 on: August 20, 2020, 10:14:49 pm »
I inherited a portable A/C unit on wheels - brand new in the box, never used - that I gave to a neighbor (veteran) in need.  But when he tried to use it, it started making a hideous sound.  I brought it back home (feeling like a complete schmuck) and broke it down to discover the little wheel fan was missing some trim on one end resulting in some fan blades being secured at only one end.

I have no receipt nor place to return it to.  My idea is to try repairing the missing trim with some junk plastic and a glue gun.  Otherwise, I will have to find a replacement for this chicom pos fan wheel and disassemble the fan motor housing.

Thanks for listening to me complain.  Here's one on me.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2216 on: August 20, 2020, 10:21:04 pm »
I have no receipt nor place to return it to.  My idea is to try repairing the missing trim with some junk plastic and a glue gun.  Otherwise, I will have to find a replacement for this chicom pos fan wheel and disassemble the fan motor housing.

Replacement fan should be a piece of cake.

Offline DB

« Reply #2217 on: August 20, 2020, 11:02:13 pm »
I inherited a portable A/C unit on wheels - brand new in the box, never used - that I gave to a neighbor (veteran) in need.  But when he tried to use it, it started making a hideous sound.  I brought it back home (feeling like a complete schmuck) and broke it down to discover the little wheel fan was missing some trim on one end resulting in some fan blades being secured at only one end.

Thanks for listening to me complain.  Here's one on me.

No good deed goes unpunished...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2218 on: August 29, 2020, 08:39:38 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2219 on: August 31, 2020, 09:18:11 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Goo Goo Dolls - Name

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Toad The Wet Sprocket  - Something's Always Wrong

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2220 on: August 31, 2020, 09:30:09 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Coldplay - CLOCKS

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Talking Heads - Life During Wartime

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2221 on: August 31, 2020, 09:46:59 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2222 on: August 31, 2020, 09:54:50 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Hillary Hahn does Bach 1043 D Minor

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2223 on: September 01, 2020, 01:33:12 am »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2224 on: September 01, 2020, 01:42:02 am »
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 01:50:25 am by DCPatriot »