Author Topic: Now That Congress Has Blocked F-22 Retirement Again, What Will The US Air Force Do With The Jets?  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Now That Congress Has Blocked F-22 Retirement Again, What Will The US Air Force Do With The Jets?
Story by Aaron Spray • 17h

Older Block 20 F-22 Raptors are not combat-ready or suitable for high-intensity combat.

Air Force wants to divest these F-22s to focus on building advanced NGAD by 2030.

Congress disagrees and fears an intermediary capability gap if the F-22s are retired.

The US Air Force has asked to divest and retire around 250 aircraft for Fiscal Year 2025. This includes many A-10 Warthogs, F-16s, and F-15s. But notably, the Air Force has once again asked to divest 32 Block 20 F-22 Raptors. However, once again, Congress has moved to prohibit the Air Force from retiring dozens of the most advanced fifth-generation fighter jets. Now, the question is, what will happen to the Air Force's unwanted Block 20 Raptors?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/now-that-congress-has-blocked-f-22-retirement-again-what-will-the-us-air-force-do-with-the-jets/ar-BB1n6Dx1?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=b9b48a19fa3b4334a3bb7200d553b516&ei=55
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
The USAF is ALWAYS fixated on that next generation fighter, whatever that may be.  It's never satisfied with what it has, which is becoming increasingly nothing.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus