Author Topic: Libertarian Convention Thrown into Chaos Ahead of Trump’s Visit  (Read 3594 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Libertarian Convention Thrown into Chaos Ahead of Trump’s Visit

Elizabeth Weibel 24 May 2024

The Libertarian Party’s national convention was thrown into chaos after delegates clashed heads over former President Donald Trump’s visit on Saturday.

Trump was invited to speak at the party’s national convention on May 25, a decision which the “vast majority” of the Libertarian Party’s members were not thrilled with Bill Redpath, a former national party chairman, told Politico.

“The vast majority of Libertarian Party members are not happy with this invitation,” Redpath told the outlet. “There are some people who call Trump the most Libertarian president of our lifetimes. That’s utterly ridiculous.”

Billionaire financier and Republican Party donor Jeff Yass described Trump as having “some libertarian instincts.”

Yass, who has donated to former Republican presidential candidate’s campaigns such as Vivek Ramaswamy and Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC), has stated. while he won’t donate to Trump’s campaign, he will vote for him.

“He has some libertarian instincts for sure. Anti-war is big,” Yass said. “But anti-immigrant, anti-free trade are not good.”

Other speakers at the convention consisted of Gabriel Shipton, a film producer and the brother of imprisoned WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange; Dave Smith, a historian and advocate of freedom; and Dr. Peter McCullough, a cardiologist and epidemiologist, among others.

Independent presidential hopeful Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Ramaswamy also spoke at the convention.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/24/llibertarian-convention-thrown-into-chaos-ahead-of-trumps-visit/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Libertarian Convention Thrown into Chaos Ahead of Trump’s Visit
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 06:37:56 pm »
When did the LP suddenly become supporters  of an expanded federal government and more unsustainable federal spending?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 06:44:01 pm »
Years ago, the meme of Libertarians was that they were weed smoking conservatives.

Not sure if that is the label today
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2024, 06:49:51 pm »
The only LP candidate I ever voted for was Gary Johnson and  I would vote for him again  if he ran.

They had that John Mcafee(sp) that tried to run for the LP nomination who was way out their
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 06:51:52 pm »
Libertarianism is about keeping Big Government out of their bongs.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 06:54:21 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 06:58:32 pm »
The only LP candidate I ever voted for was Gary Johnson and  I would vote for him again  if he ran.

They had that John Mcafee(sp) that tried to run for the LP nomination who was way out their

For me, it was Ron Paul and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Also, Barry Goldwater was a libertarian before there were Libertarians.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2024, 07:21:56 pm »
For me, it was Ron Paul and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Also, Barry Goldwater was a libertarian before there were Libertarians.

I forgot about Ron Paul. I supported him, but I don’t believe he was ever on the ballot in either of the states I lived in, both Minnesota and Wisconsin

In 1988, I’ve voted for George Bush over Michael Dukakis

I am a huge Goldwater fan. Barry Goldwater is responsible for my political views that I still hold to today

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2024, 07:31:40 pm »
I forgot about Ron Paul. I supported him, but I don’t believe he was ever on the ballot in either of the states I lived in, both Minnesota and Wisconsin

In 1988, I’ve voted for George Bush over Michael Dukakis

I am a huge Goldwater fan. Barry Goldwater is responsible for my political views that I still hold to today

I was still too young to vote in 1964 but distinctly remember going out onto the front stoop of my parents' house and crying my eyes out when Goldwater lost to LBJ. Barry Goldwater will always be a giant in my mind.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2024, 07:43:24 pm »
Billionaire financier and Republican Party donor Jeff Yass described Trump as having “some libertarian instincts.”
That's a stretch.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2024, 08:02:54 pm »
That's a stretch.

I'm not so sure about that.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2024, 08:09:48 pm »
I'm not so sure about that.

I sure am. Big government and libertarianism don't mix. Tumpy is big government.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2024, 08:33:16 pm »
I sure am. Big government and libertarianism don't mix. Tumpy is big government.

I know what you think. I just happen to disagree with you on this point. I think it's entirely possible that Trump DOES have some Libertarian tendencies.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2024, 08:34:08 pm »
I know what you think. I just happen to disagree with you on this point. I think it's entirely possible that Trump DOES have some Libertarian tendencies.

Then he hides them well.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2024, 08:38:35 pm »
Then he hides them well.

Perhaps you just refuse to see them. I'm done with this.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2024, 09:37:43 pm »
Libertarians contend with Trump and RFK commandeering their convention
By Hailey Bullis
May 25, 2024 11:03 am
Members of the Libertarian Party are divided about leadership’s decision to allow former President Donald Trump and Independent Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to speak at the party’s national convention this weekend.

Trump is scheduled to address party members Saturday evening at the Washington Hilton in Washington D.C., while Kennedy spoke on Friday. However, members running for president and the chairmanship hold varying views of both candidates’s participation in the convention.

Libertarian National Committee Chair candidate Mark Rutherford called the decision to invite both candidates “inappropriate.”

“Trump’s inappropriate, so is Kennedy, because they are going to be competing against our candidates,” Rutherford said to the Washington Examiner. “This is about our candidates. That should be the focus. I don’t care — the publicity. It’s going to confuse people. Why are these people here? Are they Kennedy supporters? Are they Trump supporters? Who are they?”

The party’s business was interrupted Friday night after one delegate attempted to issue a motion to remove Trump from the schedule. Another delegate then shouted into the microphone that the party should tell Trump to “go f*** himself” and attempted to rush the stage before being removed from the room.  ...
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/presidential/3017675/libertarians-split-trump-rfk-presence-nominating-convention/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2024, 09:40:18 pm »
Sounds like a good time was had by all.
Ramaswamy draws boos at Libertarian convention upon mentioning Trump
By Ross O'Keefe and Hailey Bullis
May 24, 2024 10:58 pm

The crowd at the Libertarian National Convention booed former Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy on Friday at times he mentioned former President Donald Trump during his appeal to those in attendance.

It’s a possible sign that Trump, who is scheduled to speak at the Washington, D.C., event Saturday, may not be received with open arms at a convention in which his campaign is hoping to attract some party defectors with his address.

The onetime Republican presidential hopeful was met with boos moments after he mentioned Trump’s name in an attempt to ask those at the convention, “Do you want to influence the next administration or don’t you?”

The crowd also emphatically shouted “no” when Ramaswamy asked if they would “agree with him on 100% of what he says,” and he was booed himself when he suggested only the Republican or Democratic nominee could win the White House. ...
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/presidential/3017601/ramaswamy-draws-boos-libertarian-convention-mentioning-trump/

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2024, 10:21:44 pm »
Quote from: article
...(snip)....Anti-war is big,” Yass said. “But anti-immigrant....(snip)

So they are still open border idiots. Sorry but they will never see my vote... Trump stands a better chance, and that is zero.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2024, 10:23:35 pm »
Then he hides them well.

Trump is more libertarian on LBGTQRS issues than social conservatives

Barry Goldwater

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2024, 10:40:21 pm »
Chaos at Libertarian National Convention.
Chairwoman demands Trump supporters vacate their seats in the front row as the former president gets ready to speak.
RFK Jr. supporters plan to disrupt Trump's speech.

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1794497727939953072

Raheem.
@RaheemKassam
The Libertarian Party convention is an absolute mess. The chairman and delegates are forcefully ejecting Trump supporters and accredited press from any positions near the stage in order to make visible protests towards Trump.
6:06 PM · May 25, 2024
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 10:42:11 pm by mountaineer »

Offline mountaineer

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2024, 10:44:45 pm »
Way back in 2010-2010 during the TEA Party years, I explored both the Constitution Party and the Libertarian Party as alternatives to the Republican Party because 1) I despised the backstabbing that went on against Sarah Palin, and 2) could not stomach double-talking Mitt Romney.  I found that the Libertarian party was composed of two warring factions, the somewhat Conservative small government, low taxes, and go-away government faction, and the dope-smoking, anti-war, and open borders liberal side.  The liberal side seemed to be dominant and was obsessed with drug legalization, so I just couldn't go there and did not join.

Meanwhile, I actually did join the Constitution Party for a couple of years but found that it was too weak and cowardly with no fight...it was, and remains, mostly a debating society.

Still, whoever invited Trump and Kennedy to speak at the Libertarian Party convention is a complete moron, or else failed to read the room there, or consult its membership.   
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2024, 10:51:34 pm »
Quite agree with your analysis of the LP, Timber Rattler. It doesn't seem to be a place for the "small L" libertarian.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2024, 10:59:13 pm »
Perhaps you just refuse to see them. I'm done with this.

The Record unequivocally says otherwise. 

Offline DB

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2024, 11:15:58 pm »

I was trying to think of something libertarian about Trump and was coming up blank, that is a good example.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2024, 11:42:15 pm »

The moment it is LGBTQRS it is no longer libertarian.