Author Topic: HYPOCRITE: “Climate advocate” Mark Zuckerberg slammed for purchasing $300M superyacht  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
HYPOCRITE: “Climate advocate” Mark Zuckerberg slammed for purchasing $300M superyacht
05/24/2024 / By Zoey Sky

Critics are up in arms after billionaire Mark Zuckerberg allegedly purchased a $300 million superyacht. One of the world’s richest men and founder of Meta, Zuckerberg has reportedly spent millions on the superyacht he christened Launchpad.

The sleek superyacht looks like something out of a movie, with stunning features and cutting-edge tech, but critics have called the billionaire’s recent purchase a “climate hypocrite’s hideaway.” Zuckerberg’s new yacht became a social media sensation shortly after a viral TikTok video capturing its impressive visuals was posted online.

Launchpad is currently docked in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The superyacht spans 118 meters and it made its maiden voyage in March across the Atlantic. Launchpad was designed by the Swedish-based Espen Oin International and built by the Dutch shipyard Feadship.

The superyacht features “a sleek, multilayered exterior with a robust steel hull and an [aluminum] superstructure,” according to SuperYacht Times.

https://www.pollution.news/2024-05-24-climate-advocate-zuckerberg-slammed-for-purchasing-superyacht.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson