Poll

Will Trump win NY?

You may only select up to 2 options.

Voting closes: July 08, 2024, 11:27:25 pm

Author Topic: Will Trump win NY?  (Read 9182 times)

Offline corbe

Will Trump win NY?
« on: May 24, 2024, 11:27:25 pm »
   Trump, a lifelong resident of NY. 
   Can he honestly expect to pull Queens and Brooklyn out of the hat in conjunction with the rest of the Red State of NY and carry the 28 EV's?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Will Trump win NY?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 11:30:31 pm »
The GOP truly sucks, but so does most of Congress.

IF the Bronx rally is any indication, I think Trump could win NY -- that is provided that NY's election is w/o fraud which is unlikely.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 11:31:41 pm »
Trump won't win NY.  That rally may have seemed impressive, but it was only 30k people or so, and NYC has millions of eligible voters, most of them democrat (or further left).

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 11:48:39 pm »
Trump won't win NY.  That rally may have seemed impressive, but it was only 30k people or so, and NYC has millions of eligible voters, most of them democrat (or further left).

That may be but 30,000 for an outdoor rally is still impressive in an impoverished neighborhood. The demographics of the Bronx is appx. 56% Hispanic and 28% African-American.

Regardless, that rally was reported on by major networks which they've failed to focus on in the past so Trump made people stand up and take notice. 

The message couldn't have been more clear at his really (it is worth watching) -- Trump is for the Hispanic and the Black people.  Biden can't make that claim; in fact he demonstrates otherwise and has made racist comments about them.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 12:17:55 am »
   He may conceivably take the Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn BUT he'll never take Manhattan (the place that borne him his Fame), which draws the common conclusion that he'll never take NY 28.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 12:18:08 am »
I don't know if Trump can pull off a win in NY, but Biden may have to spend more money than he expected to.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2024, 12:30:01 am »
   Next ya know, he'll be headin to California.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2024, 12:51:22 am »
Trump is for the Hispanic and the Black people. 

In what way?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2024, 12:52:00 am »
   He may conceivably take the Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn BUT he'll never take Manhattan (the place that borne him his Fame), which draws the common conclusion that he'll never take NY 28.

I wouldn't even bet the Bronx. That's in AOC's district along with parts of Queens, I believe
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 12:54:53 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2024, 01:22:46 am »
   Next ya know, he'll be headin to California.

Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2024, 01:28:18 am »
In what way?

Under Trump we had the lowest unemployment for both Blacks and Hispanics in history.  There's something to be said for that.  In particular for the Blacks, he made an attempt and IIRC hired someone to go through some of the prison records of Blacks incarcerated for petty crappola and he pardoned some of them.

Under President Trump's leadership, new jobs and investment are pouring into nearly 9,000 newly-designated Opportunity Zones, home to more than 9 million Hispanic Americans. In 2018, a net 362,000 Hispanics achieved the dream of homeownership—the largest such gain since 2005.

Whether I agree or not with the 'Opportunity Zones', both Hispanics and Blacks prospered under Trump.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trumps-america-first-policies-uplifting-empowering-hispanic-americans/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 01:29:45 am by libertybele »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2024, 01:31:27 am »
Under Trump we had the lowest unemployment for both Blacks and Hispanics in history.  There's something to be said for that.  In particular for the Blacks, he made an attempt and IIRC hired someone to go through some of the prison records of Blacks incarcerated for petty crappola and he pardoned some of them.

Under President Trump's leadership, new jobs and investment are pouring into nearly 9,000 newly-designated Opportunity Zones, home to more than 9 million Hispanic Americans. In 2018, a net 362,000 Hispanics achieved the dream of homeownership—the largest such gain since 2005.

Whether I agree or not with the 'Opportunity Zones', both Hispanics and Blacks prospered under Trump.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/11/how-trump-grew-his-support-among-latinos/617033/

President Trump's intent was to prove that a rising tide floats ALL boats.  White one, Black ones, Brown and Yellow ones!

In the end he proved to the minorities that they indeed had "...nothing to lose by voting for him".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2024, 01:32:33 am »
President Trump's intent was to prove that a rising tide floats ALL boats.  White one, Black ones, Brown and Yellow ones!

In the end he proved to the minorities that they indeed had "...nothing to lose by voting for him".

On that we agree @DCPatriot  :beer:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2024, 01:52:34 am »
Under Trump we had the lowest unemployment for both Blacks and Hispanics in history. 

Nope

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

Barry Goldwater

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2024, 04:37:09 pm »
Trump is being held against his will in NY.  So why not go to the Bronx  I actually watched a lot of his rally.  Dude was on fire for 90 minutes.  The only thing that Biden can do for 90 min is to try to work up a solid bm.  The bacon line was point on. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2024, 04:41:39 pm »
Do you mean before the fraud is applied or when the Democrats quit counting ballots in January?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2024, 01:06:56 am »
That may be but 30,000 for an outdoor rally is still impressive in an impoverished neighborhood. The demographics of the Bronx is appx. 56% Hispanic and 28% African-American.

Regardless, that rally was reported on by major networks which they've failed to focus on in the past so Trump made people stand up and take notice. 

The message couldn't have been more clear at his really (it is worth watching) -- Trump is for the Hispanic and the Black people.  Biden can't make that claim; in fact he demonstrates otherwise and has made racist comments about them.

Shrug.  Trump won’t win NY.  There’s much more support for Trump upstate, always has been, but the fascists who vote in NYC outweigh all the others.  Trump won’t win NY. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2024, 01:23:10 am »

Shrug.  Trump won’t win NY.  There’s much more support for Trump upstate, always has been, but the fascists who vote in NYC outweigh all the others.  Trump won’t win NY.

That's what I think.  But...the Biden crew may decide they better start spending on Ad buys in a very expensive media market.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2024, 01:48:33 am »
That's what I think.  But...the Biden crew may decide they better start spending on Ad buys in a very expensive media market.

If we can get them to spend money there, that’d be great; but let’s be honest with ourselves: the goal is to make them waste scarce resources that could do damage if spent in other states. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2024, 03:18:23 am »
If we can get them to spend money there, that’d be great; but let’s be honest with ourselves: the goal is to make them waste scarce resources that could do damage if spent in other states.

That's correct.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2024, 04:42:03 am »
He will win a majority of (upstate) counties, but like Calif. the majority of the pop. lives in the minority of counties (NYC). Even most of Long Island is semi-red/pink.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2024, 11:00:35 am »
Trump lost his home state by 24 points.  My guess is Biden will carry it by 15% or more.  It isn’t necessarily a bad idea to campaign there, because of the house races.  But understand a candidate Trump was toxic in the northeast, and that has not changed to any large degree.  Biden is sitting on high 30s approval in New Hampshire, but he likely will carry the state anyway. 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2024, 11:26:23 am »
With all due respect, you are all so out of touch, it's like you've been in a coma these past few years.

"IT'S THE ECONOMY, STUPID!!!" ...James Carville
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 12:00:15 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2024, 12:13:44 pm »
With all due respect /s ...you are all so out of touch, it's like you've been in a coma these past few years.

"IT'S THE ECONOMY, STUPID!!!" ...James Carville

It’s the debt and the size of government that’s the problem. That’s the biggest threat to the economy.

Trump helped massively pile that on, even before the pandemic, and wants to do even more if re elected.  From an economic and fiscal standpoint, he’s more similar to Biden and Obama. The facts and history back it. For example, more jobs were created  in Obama’s  last three years than Trump’s first three years. And despite his promise, not one year during the Trump presidency did we hit GDP of 3% or greater. And all of that, despite trillions of more debt added. And his first trade war caused harm to the economy and he wants another and more damaging one should he win

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2021/05/20/trumps-tariffs-were-much-more-damaging-than-thought/?sh=fe52e1765bdb

There’s the Trump record and reality and then there’s the Trump that his supporters create in their minds. You want to bring the Trump/Biden  inflation rate down to a tolerable rate? Stop the trillion dollar deficits and the printing required to finance them. Trump wants a weaker dollar and he wants lower interest rates. Both would punish consumers and savers, especially in an inflationary economy

This is Bernie Sanders type trade, fiscal, and monetary policies. I wouldn’t vote for Sanders because of that. And as long as Trump adopts and runs on Sander lite policies, my same rule applies
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 12:20:03 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2024, 12:24:13 pm »

It’s the debt and the size of government that’s the problem. That’s the biggest threat to the economy.

Trump helped massively pile that on, even before the pandemic, and wants to do even more if re elected.  From an economic and fiscal standpoint, he’s more similar to Biden and Obama. The facts and history back it. For example, more jobs were created  in Obama’s  last three years than Trump’s first three years. And despite his promise, not one year during the Trump presidency did we hit GDP of 3% or greater. And all of that, despite trillions of more debt added. And his first trade war caused harm to the economy and he wants another and more damaging one should he win

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2021/05/20/trumps-tariffs-were-much-more-damaging-than-thought/?sh=fe52e1765bdb

There’s the Trump record and reality and then there’s the Trump that his supporters create in their minds. You want to bring the Trump/Biden  inflation rate down to a tolerable rate? Stop the trillion dollar deficits and the printing required to finance them. Trump wants a weaker dollar and he wants lower interest rates. Both would punish consumers and savers, especially in an inflationary economy

This is Bernie Sanders type trade, fiscal, and monetary policies. I wouldn’t vote for Sanders because of that. And as long as Trump adopts and runs on Sander lite policies, my same rule applies

Thank you for the information/opinion @LMAO

The entire point of the thread isn't about the cause of the deficits.

It's about who the common vote will NOT accept more of the same rising costs of soup to nuts bullshit we've been living with since 2021.