Author Topic: Judge reverses his own block on Florida immigration law  (Read 114 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Judge reverses his own block on Florida immigration law
« on: May 24, 2024, 02:17:53 pm »
Judge reverses his own block on Florida immigration law

“On further reflection,” Altman wrote in an order released Thursday afternoon, according to the Miami Herald. “We now invite further briefing on the proper scope of the injunction.”

By Misty Severi
Published: May 23, 2024 8:19pm

A federal judge in Florida on Thursday reversed his own ruling that temporarily blocked a key part of Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis's immigration plan.

U.S. District Judge Roy Altman issued an injunction on Wednesday that blocked a part of the immigration plan that made it a felony to transport illegal immigrants into the state. On Wednesday he clarified that the injunction was statewide, but on Thursday he said he would hold a briefing on the injunction, per The Hill.

Altman instructed both parties in the lawsuit to submit a brief by June 6 on whether the injunction should just apply to plaintiffs, or be a district- or statewide injunction.

“On further reflection,” Altman wrote in an order released Thursday afternoon, according to the Miami Herald. “We now invite further briefing on the proper scope of the injunction.”

https://justthenews.com/nation/state...mmigration-law
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson