Author Topic: Drowning in Sewage and Dumping Money into a Climate Rathole  (Read 334 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Drowning in Sewage and Dumping Money into a Climate Rathole
5 hours ago Guest Blogger 

Vijay Jayaraj

We humans dream of colonizing Mars, building flying cars, and achieving immortality. Yet, amidst this fervent pursuit of futures that sometimes drift into fantasy, we’re neglecting critical problems of the present.

An example is rampant pollution of our waters. This neglect exists even in advanced societies such as the United Kingdom, where untreated sewage spills into the Thames and other rivers, turning them into fetid cesspools.

This isn’t some dystopian vision of the future. It’s happening right now, under the noses of complacent governments and a distracted public. While headlines scream about a fabricated climate emergency decades away, actual environmental crises fester — not to mention potholed streets and collapsing bridges.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/05/21/drowning-in-sewage-and-dumping-money-into-a-climate-rathole/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Re: Drowning in Sewage and Dumping Money into a Climate Rathole
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 03:30:37 pm »
That’s because the so called “climate crisis” is an issue that government can keep going to justify expanding its power. There are no concrete  signs that anything the government is doing that’s geared towards climate change is fixing the issue

If government fixes the sewage problem, then  the problem is over and done and  there’s no crisis anymore.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 03:39:50 pm »
That’s because the so called “climate crisis” is an issue that government can keep going to justify expanding its power. There are no concrete  signs that anything the government is doing that’s geared towards climate change is fixing the issue

If government fixes the sewage problem, then  the problem is over and done and  there’s no crisis anymore.
No matter what the government does with climate, and no matter the results, climate wise (just imagine how much worse it would have been if we hadn't left all those people to freeze to death in the winter!) the 'results' can be twisted to justify what was done.

If the sewage problem is fixed, the Thames won't stink of shit.
If the results of the 'fix' fall short of that mark, it is a 'failure'.
In politics, the image of failure is to be avoided at all costs, even to the point of ignoring the problem.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2024, 04:08:21 pm »
Global Climate Change is a crisis without end because climate never stops changing.

////00000////

On the bright side, Boston will be getting more frivolous bike lanes to combat Global Climate Change ... as the subway continues to lose power, derail, and catch fire.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright