Author Topic: Mayor Eric Adams looks to Rome to solve New York City's migrant problems  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mayor Eric Adams looks to Rome to solve New York City's migrant problems
Adams met with city officials and religious leaders in the Italian capital to try to take back lessons to the US

BY JUSTIN KLAWANS, THE WEEK US
PUBLISHED 5 HOURS AGO
It is no secret that New York City has been dealing with a critical influx of migrants, and Mayor Eric Adams is now looking to a city 4,200 miles away for a solution. Adams recently traveled to Rome and met with Italian leaders on ways to solve New York's migrant crisis. The three-day trip, which took place in mid-May, included meetings with Pope Francis and Italian leaders from other religions, as well as Roman city officials.

Beyond meetings, Adams also visited facilities set up by Rome to house migrants and asylum seekers. He was impressed by "how fast they're able to cycle the migrants and asylum seekers out of the welcome center," Adams said in a press briefing, noting that within two months, Roman officials "target to get folks into working trades, teaching them basic Italian and moving them forward through the system."

The mayor said that he would take a number of ideas he found in the Italian capital and work to implement them in the City that Never Sleeps. But what specific takeaways from Rome can Adams use in New York City?

https://theweek.com/politics/eric-adams-rome-new-york
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What better place for NYC to solve immigration problems than by getting answers at a walled city, that has fewer people than many of the "newcomer" groups invading America, that is closed off to non-Catholics, that doesn't allow immigration within its borders, where religion and state are one and the same, and has a supreme leader from Argentina.?  It sounds exactly like NYC to me. 8bs8  I think Adams just needed a vacation.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson