Author Topic: Transatlantic air fares to jump under net zero fuel rules  (Read 138 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Transatlantic air fares to jump under net zero fuel rules
« on: May 19, 2024, 10:15:28 am »
Transatlantic air fares to jump under net zero fuel rules
MAY 19, 2024

By Paul Homewood

h/t Philip Bratby

Yet one more cost for Net Zero:

The cost of a return trip to New York is on track to rise by £40 as a result of incoming net zero regulations, according to figures from Virgin Atlantic.

The extra burden on travellers is expected if the cost of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) is passed on directly. Calculations by Virgin Atlantic, a pioneer in using the greener jet fuel, show that ticket prices would have to rise 6pc.

For a return flight to New York that would amount to a £40 increase at current prices, based on two one-way fares costing about £350 each.

SAF is a refined blend of waste oils, animal fats and ethanol from corn. The fuel is viewed as the most practical route towards reducing aviation’s net CO2 emission before completely new technologies, such as hydrogen propulsion, become available next decade or beyond.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/05/19/transatlantic-air-fares-to-jump-under-net-zero-fuel-rules/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Transatlantic air fares to jump under net zero fuel rules
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2024, 10:19:55 am »
With all the whack jobs infesting airlines these days, will it be worth it?  You have to believe people who physically attack the Constitution and the Magna Charta someday will destroy an airborne plane to "make their point." :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson