Author Topic: Fox News invites Trump, Biden campaigns to vice presidential debate — and Trump responds  (Read 290 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox News invites Trump, Biden campaigns to vice presidential debate
'We hereby accept the Fox Vice Presidential Debate,' Trump responded Friday afternoon
By Brooke Singman Fox News
Published May 17, 2024 4:15pm EDT

Fox News Media has invited the Trump campaign and the Biden campaign to participate in a vice presidential debate before the 2024 election.

In a letter to the campaigns, Fox News Media said it requested the opportunity to host a vice presidential debate, and said it would be available to do so on July 23, August 13, or dates "following both nomination conventions."

The proposed vice presidential debate would be hosted by Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum, who Fox News Media President Jay Wallace said "are obvious choices as the faces of our political coverage."

"In addition, FOX News Media has reached out to Virginia State University as a possible location, since it was selected by the CPD as the first historically Black College or University to host a Presidential debate," the letter said.

"Despite not having a Democratic debate in 2016/2020, FOX News was able to secure town halls with Democratic candidates such as: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Pete Buttigieg, Julian Castro, Amy Klobuchar and Kirsten Gillibrand.
In recognition of FOX News Media's capabilities and reputation, we cordially extend an invitation to all concerned parties to discuss our proposal," the letter states.

Former President Trump accepted the invitation Friday afternoon.

"On behalf of the future Vice President of the United States, who I have not yet chosen, we hereby accept the Fox Vice Presidential Debate, hopefully at Virginia State University, the first Historically Black College or University to host a Debate - Date to be determined," Trump posted on his Truth Social. "I urge Vice President Kamala Harris to agree to this. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-invites-trump-biden-campaigns-to-vice-presidential-debate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Smart move by Fox, and it makes the whole thing at least a little bit more fair.  If Harris declines because it is Fox, it reinforces the idea that the other two debates are biased in favor of Biden and the Dems

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Been watching these things since Nixon v. Humphrey, (Agnew v. Muskie)  and I don't remember any of the VPOTUS having any level of bearing in any of the races.

A few soundbites, and gotchas but nothing more of substance
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Been watching these things since Nixon v. Humphrey, (Agnew v. Muskie)  and I don't remember any of the VPOTUS having any level of bearing in any of the races.

A few soundbites, and gotchas but nothing more of substance

The closest I can remember to being meaningful was the Benson - Quayle debate.  Of course, Dukakis/Benson lost anyway, so it clearly didn't matter enough.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
The closest I can remember to being meaningful was the Benson - Quayle debate.  Of course, Dukakis/Benson lost anyway, so it clearly didn't matter enough.

That "I knew Jack Kennedy, You are no Jack Kennedy" retort  was memorable.  And the look on Quayle's face was telling wasn't it?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.