Author Topic: Jen Psaki predicts Trump will bail on debate with Biden’s rules  (Read 928 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jen Psaki predicts Trump will bail on debate with Biden’s rules
By
Jack Birle
May 16, 2024 3:46 pm

Former White House press secretary Jen Psaki predicted that former President Donald Trump may bail from the debates with President Joe Biden after agreeing to most of the guidelines set by the Biden campaign.

Biden and Trump agreed to two debates on Wednesday after Biden issued guidelines that he would accept to face off against the former president. Psaki told the Pod Save America podcast on Wednesday that she is “still a skeptic” that the pair will debate and predicted how she thinks Trump could back out.

“Trump could certainly say, ‘I never agreed to those specifics in the letter,’ and he probably will, and that’s how this all falls apart, even though he’s basically said, ‘I would debate him anytime,'” Psaki said.

She also said the move to be forthright with guidelines for the conditions Biden would accept and to challenge Trump with a video was an “interesting play” but also put the Trump campaign “on their back feet” in having to agree to the stipulations quickly.

“I think, internally, they knew that at some point, this is going to hit a head, and they were either going to be ahead of it or be responding to Trump,” Psaki said.

“So it was smart in that sense. I think it was also smart that they put out this letter of their criteria, which basically — I mean, none of this is on the level, this entire election in many ways, in terms of how Trump is operating — but it did put the Trump team on their back feet where they had to just agree to that. If they tried to litigate things on there, they would have looked a little weak,” she added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/3006828/jen-psaki-predicts-trump-will-bail-debate-bidens-rules/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Jen Psaki predicts Trump will bail on debate with Biden’s rules
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2024, 01:20:04 am »
He should, but he won't.

0% chance CNN and ABC don't feed Biden the questions ahead of time so his handlers can come up with scripted answers.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 01:21:11 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024, 01:30:50 am »
He should, but he won't.

0% chance CNN and ABC don't feed Biden the questions ahead of time so his handlers can come up with scripted answers.

Without a note card or teleprompter Biden will screw it up...I don't think this will ever happen, there will be some excuse why he can't..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2024, 01:33:18 am »
Without a note card or teleprompter Biden will screw it up...I don't think this will ever happen, there will be some excuse why he can't..

They'll ask him easy questions, won't push him, and probably limit it to an hour or so.  Expectations will be rock bottom, so anything he does better than that can only help him.  And the press will be going after Trump hard.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2024, 01:37:34 am »
They'll ask him easy questions, won't push him, and probably limit it to an hour or so.  Expectations will be rock bottom, so anything he does better than that can only help him.  And the press will be going after Trump hard.

One thing I hope Trump doesn't do is call him names and make fun of him..I think that will backfire big time on Trump.
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2024, 02:26:42 am »
One thing I hope Trump doesn't do is call him names and make fun of him..I think that will backfire big time on Trump.

That's Biden's ace in the hole. If Trump goes after his dementia and character rather than his record it will make Trump look like a horse's petuti.

Trump needs to come across as very presedential and how as CIC he will  lead us out of the hell hole that Biden has put us in.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2024, 02:32:40 am »
Contrast that with every election year when Democrats bail on debating on Fox.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2024, 03:57:26 am »
Contrast that with every election year when Democrats bail on debating on Fox.

Like this year.  No Fox.  No Fox mediators. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2024, 10:28:33 am »
Peppermint Patty strikes again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2024, 01:21:16 pm »
Peppermint Patty strikes again.

I haven't been in the Room for a while and I see this!  Luv, luv it, thanks for the laugh!!

:rolling: :rolling:
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2024, 02:40:14 pm »
I haven't been in the Room for a while and I see this!  Luv, luv it, thanks for the laugh!!

:rolling: :rolling:

Welcome back to the Thunderdome!.. :beer:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2024, 04:14:55 pm »
I wonder if Psaki will 'circle back' if Trump does go on the debates? In any case, Trump should demand his own people recording the entire debate to be able to counter whatever edited crap the leftist media puts out.