Author Topic: Soldier who made videos calling a Medal of Honor recipient a racist claims he was demoted for his be  (Read 373 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Soldier who made videos calling a Medal of Honor recipient a racist claims he was demoted for his beard
May 15, 2024

An Army non-commissioned officer with a significant following on TikTok recently found himself at the center of controversy following the loss of a leadership position— igniting a heated online debate that underscores the tensions regarding military grooming standards, the impact of social media expression, and perceived biases within the US Armed Forces.

Master Sergeant Darhem Parker, who had been elevated to the rank of first sergeant within the Hawaii-based Alpha Company, 29th Brigade Engineer Battalion, shared his excitement in a TikTok video on April 30.

In the video, he showcased his command photo, pointing to his beard and distinctive haircut.

“Somebody in real life is going to see that picture on their wall and be pissed off,” he commented.

https://popularmilitary.com/soldier-who-made-videos-calling-a-medal-of-honor-recipient-a-racist-claims-he-was-demoted-for-his-beard/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Maybe he can join some African military that has the grooming standards he wants. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

He also created controversy with his videos in which he claimed Medal of Honor recipient Audie Murphy was a racist for taking roles in Western films but this was not something mentioned in his counseling.

I seriously doubt that Murphy cared whether the men in his unit that he covered with the M2 on an M10 TD were Hispanic or Native American. They were his men. OTOH, I'm pretty sure that the Germans he  killed had no Hispanics or Native Americans among them.

But that's not the kind of thinking that racist idiots of any skin color would do.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I seriously doubt that Murphy cared whether the men in his unit that he covered with the M2 on an M10 TD were Hispanic or Native American. They were his men. OTOH, I'm pretty sure that the Germans he  killed had no Hispanics or Native Americans among them.

But that's not the kind of thinking that racist idiots of any skin color would do.
I wonder if this idiot has the same opinion, that Blacks who acted in westerns during Audie Murphy's time were racist also? probably not since he probably doesn't believe Blacks can't be racist because of slavery that ended in America 160 years ago except that Blacks willingly again accepted the yoke of slavery from the democrat party 60 years ago.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Black guys getting medical no-shaving waivers is pretty common.  I guess they can tend to get a lot of ingrown hairs when they shave.   However, there also are some products that let them shave without razors, and I know plenty of black guys who used them.