Author Topic: Migrants from around the world have made this stretch of California the top place to enter the U.S.  (Read 100 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrants from around the world have made this stretch of California the top place to enter the U.S. illegally

By Patrick J. McDonnell
Foreign Correspondent
Photography by Robert Gauthier
May 16, 2024 3 AM PT

DULZURA, Calif. —  At dawn came a dozen men, women and children from Nepal. Following in the twilight was a cluster of families from Peru, Ecuador and Colombia, along with half a dozen Chinese men.
Behind them were men from India and couples from Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan carrying infants.

Scattered migrants kept arriving at the top of a steep dirt road to surrender to U.S. border agents in order to claim asylum.

“I am finally here, in America,” Justin Agbobli, 30, who had traveled from Togo in West Africa, proclaimed in French. “Today is a dream come true!”

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2024-05-16/migrants-from-around-the-world-have-made-this-stretch-of-california-the-top-place-to-enter-the-u-s-illegally
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson