Author Topic: Biden aides worry about psychological torment as Hunter heads for trial  (Read 434 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden aides worry about psychological torment as Hunter heads for trial

The president has expressed fear that his son may serve time in prison.

By Jonathan Lemire, Betsy Woodruff Swan and Eugene Daniels

05/15/2024 05:00 AM EDT

President Joe Biden will soon have to watch and wait as 12 jurors in his home state decide whether his son is guilty of felony gun charges — a case brought by his own Justice Department.

For the White House, the scenario of Hunter Biden’s first criminal trial, all but assured to start June 3, is an unprecedented event in American political history that they hoped never to face.

While aides insist that the White House will have no involvement in the case, brought by special counsel David Weiss, some fear it could dramatically impact the president himself, more psychologically than politically.

Three advisers granted anonymity to speak about private deliberations said they, and members of the First Family, are worried about the weight Hunter Biden’s trial will place on the president at an already difficult time for him politically. Biden has expressed fears to them about the possibility that his son will serve time in prison.

“He worries about Hunter every single day, from the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to sleep,” said one of the three advisers. “That will only pick up during a trial.”

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/15/hunter-biden-trial-psychological-torment-00158028
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
With Joe's dementia he only remember Beau.  The son who was killed by a sniper in Kuwait.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

Joe could pardon Hunter anytime.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Pardon Hunter and then decline the nomination of his party. Then Shuffle off to Delaware with Jillie and just fade away.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pardon Hunter and then decline the nomination of his party. Then Shuffle off to Delaware with Jillie and just fade away.

I have a feeling this is what will happen....but who takes the nomination?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

I have a feeling this is what will happen....but who takes the nomination?

The second idiot in-command?

Offline libertybele

The second idiot in-command?
Exactly.  Chuckles the Clown
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

With Joe's dementia he only remember Beau.  The son who was killed by a sniper in Kuwait.
I suspect that Joe's obsession with and glorification of Beau is a large part of why Hunter - the second-best son, by a large margin - fell into his many vices, from drug abuse to pedophilia to adultery. Daddy never really loved him, despite the creepy photos of them in each other's arms.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Beau was killed in Iraq under hostile fire while rescuing orphans from a burning building.
Beau managed to rescue 83,000 children before he finally fell after being hit with 27 bullets.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

I suspect that Joe's obsession with and glorification of Beau is a large part of why Hunter - the second-best son, by a large margin - fell into his many vices, from drug abuse to pedophilia to adultery. Daddy never really loved him, despite the creepy photos of them in each other's arms.

That could be likely or, he was never taught responsibility and Daddy always bailed him out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

That could be likely or, he was never taught responsibility and Daddy always bailed him out.
That, too. And I think there's been some allusion to Pedo Joe having been inappropriate with Hunter, not just Ashley. What a toxic environment in which to raise a child. Beau took the easy way out, some might say.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I thought he was shot down flying his Sopwith Camel against the Red Baron over Lichtenstein whilst fighting for the freedom of New Guinea cannibals :shrug: