Author Topic: Battle for Air Dominance: Russian Su-35 vs US F-22  (Read 191 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Battle for Air Dominance: Russian Su-35 vs US F-22
« on: May 14, 2024, 03:36:12 pm »
Battle for Air Dominance: Russian Su-35 vs US F-22
As a derivative of the 1980s era Su-27, the upgraded Russian Su-35 may not be fully understood as being the threat that it is
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONMAY 11, 2024
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

As a derivative of the 1980s era Su-27, the upgraded Russian Su-35 may not be fully understood as being the threat that it may actually be, given the scope and impact of the adjustments and upgrades built into the aircraft.

The Russian Su-35 aircraft is indeed a very capable aircraft, despite largely being a modern variant of the Su-27, for a number of key reasons. Not only is the Su-27 itself a high-speed, effective aircraft but the newer Su-35 variant of the aircraft could be called a 4th-generation ++++ (plus) due to the upgrades woven in. First of all, the aircraft is fast, as even the Su-27 can hit speeds of Mach 2.35, and the Su-35 is just as fast but also operates with an F-22-like "supercruise" ability to sustain speeds without needing afterburner.

Given this, and several other critical attributes of the Su-35, the question then becomes .. was it built to rival and challenge the F-22? The idea makes sense, because although the Su-35 may generally be regarded as a 4th-generation aircraft, it does possess a number of performance parameters and technology upgrades which might make it a formidable challenge to the largely unparalleled US Air Force F-22.  This being said, the US Air Force and Lockheed have been quite diligent when it comes to upgrading the F-22 to ensure it retains its superiority. So -- ultimately, which aircraft would prevail in an air war?

https://warriormaven.com/air/battle-for-air-dominance-russian-su-35-vs-us-f-22
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Battle for Air Dominance: Russian Su-35 vs US F-22
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 04:41:49 pm »
Would the Su-35 even be a good match for an F-15EX? The latter's sensors and avionics probably give the F-15EX the edge.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.