Author Topic: Young adults losing the climate faith in the US, and only one third of voters think the IPCC experts  (Read 79 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Young adults losing the climate faith in the US, and only one third of voters think the IPCC experts are right
By
Joanne Nova
|
May 14th, 2024

Good news: despite 2023 being the hottest year since Homo Erectus, there was a 17% fall in the number of 18 to 34-year-olds who call “Climate change”  a very serious problem. Even though there were hottest-ever-headlines month after month, the punters lost the faith.

No one is cracking champagne because 50% of young adults still tell pollsters they think it is a “very serious problem”. But when all is said and done, at least half the generation that was drip-fed the dogma since kindergarten can not only see through the catastrophism but they are brave enough to tell a pollster that, too.

For the most part, after a few hot El Nino years, “climate fear” is back where it was in 2016 or so. Most people still want the government to solve the weather with someone else’s money. But where younger people were once much more enthusiastic about a Big Government fix than older people were, now that gap is almost closed. What was a 21% difference between those age groups is now only 2%. That’s a whopping fall in faith in the government to do something useful, or probably, a recognition that whatever the government does will cost too much.

Looks like young adults are learning to be cynical adults faster?

https://www.cfact.org/2024/05/14/young-adults-losing-the-climate-faith-in-the-us-and-only-one-third-of-voters-think-the-ipcc-experts-are-right/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=young-adults-losing-the-climate-faith-in-the-us-and-only-one-third-of-voters-think-the-ipcc-experts-are-right&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=young-adults-losing-the-climate-faith-in-the-us-and-only-one-third-of-voters-think-the-ipcc-experts-are-right
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson