Author Topic: CA's New Housing Program Requires Home Sellers to Share Profits  (Read 276 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CA's New Housing Program Requires Home Sellers to Share Profits
©Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

With increasing house prices, it’s becoming more and more difficult for people to get their first step onto the property ladder.

California has a solution to this with its Dream for All program, which helps homebuyers buy their homes. However, there is a catch: Once their home is sold, they will have to give back a share of the profits.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/ca-s-new-housing-program-requires-home-sellers-to-share-profits/ss-BB1mgAhC?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=8e34bd62b4cd4e7fa25b7230b0353044&ei=46#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: CA's New Housing Program Requires Home Sellers to Share Profits
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 11:14:20 am »
The government created the problems now they want homeowners to pay for it? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson