Author Topic: Trump kills rumors about considering Haley for VP  (Read 445 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump kills rumors about considering Haley for VP
« on: May 11, 2024, 06:22:29 pm »
Trump kills rumors about considering Haley for VP
By
Ross O'Keefe
May 11, 2024 9:48 am

Rumors that former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and former President Donald Trump could be getting closer to burying the hatchet since the end of the brutal 2024 Republican primary were shot down almost as soon as they began.

Trump denied this in a Truth Social post just a few hours after it was released, saying Haley “is not under consideration for the V.P. slot, but I wish her well! DJT.”

Haley was reported to be under “active consideration” by Trump to be his vice president. The South Carolina politician has yet to endorse Trump for the presidency since dropping out of the primary in March after losing critical states on Super Tuesday.

It has long been believed that Trump is interested in a female running mate — he had Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY), former centrist Democrat turned independent Tulsi Gabbard, and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R-SD) on his shortlist at one point.

But Haley appeared to have taken herself out of contention, given Trump’s comments before the New Hampshire primary in January, and their combative relationship.

“She is OK, but she is not presidential timber,” Trump said. “And when I say that, that probably means she is not going to be chosen as the vice president.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/presidential/3000682/haley-back-under-consideration-for-trump-vp-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump kills rumors about considering Haley for VP
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 06:28:45 pm »
From the article…..

former centrist Democrat turned independent Tulsi Gabbard

She may be an independent. But in no universe was she a centrist Democrat.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 07:29:25 pm »
Must be a slow news day.  :laugh:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2024, 07:53:03 pm »
Must be a slow news day.  :laugh:

I believe his best bet for a VP would be Winsome Sears. She's conservative, well-spoken and she's Black.  I think she'd make one heck of a President as well. Only problem is she was born in Jamaica.

I liked Noem, but the whole shooting Lassie incident is going to haunt her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2024, 08:06:56 pm »
I believe his best bet for a VP would be .....

Thanks for sharing @libertybele   But, since you've clearly promised not to vote for Donald Trump under any circumstances, why are you insinuating yourself into the discussion?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2024, 08:29:46 pm »
Thanks for sharing @libertybele   But, since you've clearly promised not to vote for Donald Trump under any circumstances, why are you insinuating yourself into the discussion?

Because I feel like it.  :laugh: After all, this is a forum for discussion and debate.  Secondly, you are putting words in my mouth I never "promised not to vote for DJT under any circumstance", those are your words not mine.

My words are; I cannot and will not vote for Trump.  I have stated a couple of times that if he named Noem as his VP I might give further consideration.

Because of all the crappola that his supporters spew, it only makes me more confident that not voting for Trump is the right decision, so thanks for that.  :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2024, 09:19:11 pm »
Good.

Adding Bitch Haley, may have been one of the singular issues that would have forced me to vote down ballot only.

My status?:  Nose holding for Trump
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 09:20:06 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2024, 09:21:29 pm »
From the article…..

The concept of Gabbard being  a centrist has reached urban legend status.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2024, 09:24:04 pm »

I liked Noem, but the whole shooting Lassie incident is going to haunt her.

I laugh at her hijinks now on pandering South Dakota.  Wish she would do her bit as a Veterinarian Tech.    :silly:

Laughing aside, I am guessing she might have a tough time at her next re-election.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2024, 10:01:27 pm »
From the article…..

I'm afraid the Democrats are so enthralled to their hard left that, yes, actually Gabbard was a centrist Democrat.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline collins

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2024, 07:00:24 pm »
never believed this in the first place, sounds like something Nikki herself would have claimed. "Birdbrain", no turning back from that. And Tulsi is even more improbable, look at her stances on healthcare, environmentalism. 2A rights, etc. Not MAGA.