Author Topic: 25 States Sue EPA Over Unachievable Power Plant Regulations  (Read 92 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
25 States Sue EPA Over Unachievable Power Plant Regulations
by Jon Styf  11 hours ago

West Virginia and Indiana are leading a group of 25 states asking for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia to declare the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s new rule on coal, natural gas, and oil power plants to be declared unlawful. [emphasis, links added]

The new EPA rule will require coal and natural gas power plants to capture smokestack emissions or shutter.

“The EPA continues to not fully understand the direction from the Supreme Court—unelected bureaucrats continue their pursuit to legislate rather than rely on elected members of Congress for guidance,” West Virginia Attorney General Morrisey said.

“This green new deal agenda the Biden administration continues to force onto the people is setting up the plants to fail and therefore shutter, altering the nation’s already stretched grid.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/25-states-sue-epa-over-unachievable-power-plant-regulations/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson