Author Topic: Hero soldier honored by Bavaria for stopping knife attack  (Read 116 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hero soldier honored by Bavaria for stopping knife attack
« on: May 09, 2024, 02:24:20 pm »
Hero soldier honored by Bavaria for stopping knife attack
“We don’t turn away from things when we notice something wrong.”

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED MAY 6, 2024 2:58 PM EDT

Army Master Sgt. Daniel A. Brooks recently received a rare honor from the Bavarian state government in Germany for disarming a man who had pulled a knife in a shopping mall.

At a May 2 ceremony, Brooks was awarded the Christophorus Medal, which recognizes first responders and others who have demonstrated an act of heroism or bravery. Stars and Stripes first reported that Brooks is one of just 1,930 to have received the medal since 1983.

Speaking with Task & Purpose on Monday, Brooks said his upbringing drove him to intervene when he faced the armed man surrounded by civilians. Brooks’ father served in the military for 20 years and then spent an additional 22 years in law enforcement.

“I spent a lifetime growing up watching my dad put himself in dangerous situations,” said Brooks, who is a career counselor assigned to the 2nd Cavalry Regiment in Vilseck, Germany. “Wanting to follow in his footsteps, I took the same action: joined the Army. I think that’s indicative of our family. I think it’s indicative of the principles that my dad, my mom tried to instill in me: We don’t turn away from things when we notice something wrong – particularly when we’re talking about the preservation of life and being to help somebody that could potentially be hurt.”

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/soldier-bavaria-award/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Hero soldier honored by Bavaria for stopping knife attack
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 02:25:05 pm »
 :hands: 999999999999
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson