Author Topic: Wind turbines could steal as much as 38% of the power off turbines downwind and even from ones 50 ki  (Read 98 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wind turbines could steal as much as 38% of the power off turbines downwind and even from ones 50 kilometers away

By Jo Nova

The more wind turbines we have the more useless they are
There goes those plans to cover the continental shelf with talismen to the Wind Gods.

New research shows wind turbines off the East Coast of the US could end up stealing as much as a third of the energy from other wind turbines downstream. And in some conditions, the turbulent wake they leave might stretch out 55 kilometers behind them. This effect is worst on turbines in the same “farm” but could even affect other wind farms a long way off.

The wake effect will be strongest in summer. We’ll just have to ask everyone to turn off their air conditioners then?

Scientific civilizations do this sort of research before they commit $10 trillion dollars, set up a trading scheme, and blow up the coal plants. Imagine if building a coal plant near another plant made it 30% less efficient on hot days…

Hat tip to the NetZeroWatch email list:

https://joannenova.com.au/2024/05/wind-turbines-could-steal-as-much-as-38-of-the-power-off-turbines-downwind-and-even-from-ones-50-kilometers-away/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=wind-turbines-could-steal-as-much-as-38-of-the-power-off-turbines-downwind-and-even-from-ones-50-kilometers-away
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson