Author Topic: Election Year Converts: Democrats to Go On Offense On Immigration  (Read 293 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Election Year Converts: Democrats to Go On Offense On Immigration
KAREN TOWNSEND 1:30 PM | May 07, 2024

Democrats want to flip the script on immigration. Immigration and border security is a top issue for voters this cycle.

President Biden is desperate to win re-election in November. So far, that isn't looking good for him. Even with politicizing the DOJ against his political opponents, specifically Donald Trump, public opinion is against him. Biden's approval is underwater in the polls on the top issues. Trump leads by double digits, especially on immigration, border security, and the economy.

Democrats are planning to take the issue of immigration and turn it back on Republicans. The plan is to trash Republicans who voted against the so-called border security legislation brought forward by Republican Senator James Lankford and two Democrats, Senator Chris Murphy and Kyrsten Sinema. Senate Democrats will try to convince voters that Republicans call the open border an emergency but will not vote to do anything about it.

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2024/05/07/election-year-converts-democrats-to-go-on-the-offense-on-immigration-n3787919#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Election Year Converts: Democrats to Go On Offense On Immigration
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 04:57:12 pm »
This is a bit like Benedict Arnold calling traitors unpatriotic, not faithful to the cause like he.  But some numbskull liberals will buy it.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson