Author Topic: Man arrested for allegedly stabbing, assaulting 5 on Juneau cruise ship  (Read 103 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Man arrested for allegedly stabbing, assaulting 5 on Juneau cruise ship

By Shannon Cole
Published: May. 7, 2024 at 9:05 PM EDT|Updated: 14 hours ago
JUNEAU, Alaska (KTUU) - A South African citizen was arrested by the FBI in Juneau Tuesday after he allegedly stabbed a cruise ship passenger and assaulted several employees who attempted to stop him.

A press release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Alaska said 35-year-old Ntando Sogoni was employed on the Norwegian Cruise Lines ship Encore and was observed by other staff attempting to launch one of the ship’s lifeboats. He was then taken by security to the ship’s medical facility for an evaluation.

In the medical center, Sogoni reportedly physically attacked a nurse and a security guard before entering an examination room and attacking a woman there and stabbing her in the arms, hand, and face with a pair of medical scissors. When two security guards intervened, court documents allege he stabbed one in the head and one in the back.

Once he was under authority’s control, Sogoni was held in the ship’s jail before being taken into custody and being charged with assault with a deadly weapon in maritime and territorial jurisdiction. The charges carry a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. A federal district judge will determine total sentencing.

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2024/05/08/man-arrested-stabbing-5-juneau-cruise-ship/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Are democrats going to recruit him to run for the senate? :seeya:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson