Author Topic: Los Angeles creates holiday for actress who called for the execution of American troops  (Read 77 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Los Angeles creates holiday for actress who called for the execution of American troops

FEATUREDWIB HISTORYWIB POLITICS May 6, 2024 Staff Writer

Andrew Sheeler
The Sacramento Bee
(TNS)

‘JANE FONDA DAY:’ JUST DESSERTS OR JUST A DEBACLE?

On April 30, 1975, Saigon fell, bringing an end to the Vietnam War — a brutal conflict that saw the deaths of tens of thousands of American service members and millions of Vietnamese soldiers and civilians.

On April 30, 2024, the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors honored actor and activist Jane Fonda with a proclamation declaring that date “Jane Fonda Day” across Los Angeles County.

The decision prompted two Republican California lawmakers — Sen. Janet Nguyen, R-Huntington Beach, and Assemblyman Tri Ta, R-Westminster, to release statements condemning the board for what they said was its tone deaf decision to honor Fonda on the anniversary of the Fall of Saigon.

https://warisboring.com/los-angeles-creates-holiday-for-actress-who-called-for-the-execution-of-american-troops/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson