Author Topic: Biden administration defends treatment of veterans despite IG report  (Read 98 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden administration defends treatment of veterans despite IG report
By Casey Harper | The Center Square May 5, 2024

Department of Veterans Affairs
(The Center Square) – The U.S. Department of Veterans’ Affairs pledged to protect veterans and address any problems identified by federal watchdogs after an Inspector General report raised concerns about the physicians employed by the VA.

Press Secretary Terrence Hayes responded to an inquiry from The Center Square about recent IG reports. The reports in question said that the healthcare wing of the VA was paying doctors to care for veterans even after those doctors had been disqualified for safety reasons.

“At VA, our mission is to make sure Veterans get the world-class health care they deserve from caring, qualified professionals – and we will never settle for anything less,” Hayes told The Center Square. “Inspector General reviews like this help us make VA health care better, and we are already taking action to address the OIG’s recommendations.”

As The Center Square previously reported, U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., raised questions with Secretary of Department of Veterans Affairs Denis McDonough  about the treatment of veterans.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/national/article_77b57ade-0894-11ef-929d-33e8bde83cd7.html
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 04:14:07 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Since Biden is the Commander in Chief of the military, and he defends the treatment of vets, why doesn't he get his medical care through the VA? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson