Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson Plays 'Hide the Illegals' Ahead of DNC, Outraged Residents Have Other  (Read 103 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson Plays 'Hide the Illegals' Ahead of DNC, Outraged Residents Have Other Ideas

By Sister Toldjah | 6:45 PM on May 06, 2024

Democrats who tout themselves as champions for homeless people oftentimes have a funny way of showing it, as we've seen, for instance, during Democratic National Conventions in years past.

For example, in Denver in 2008 and Charlotte in 2012, Democrat leaders in those cities and states ushered in temporary plans to restrict the homeless from areas where they could potentially be seen by visitors to their respective cities during DNCs.

More recently, we saw California Gov. Gavin Newsom, in partnership with San Francisco Mayor London Breed, admit in November to hiding the city's homeless and cleaning up its streets ahead of an APEC Summit, where President Joe Biden and China's Xi Jinping met for a high stakes meeting.

"I know folks are saying, 'Oh they're just cleaning up this place because all those fancy leaders are coming to town.' That's true because it's true, but it's also true for months and months and months prior to APEC we've been having conversations," Newsom said at the time.

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson, as it turns out, had plans to continue that tradition ahead of the DNC that is scheduled to take place there in August. Except in Johnson's case, it wasn't about hiding the homeless - it was about hiding the illegal immigrants:

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/...ideas-n2173841
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson