Author Topic: 21 Unfortunate Electric Vehicle Flaws That No One Is Discussing  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
21 Unfortunate Electric Vehicle Flaws That No One Is Discussing
© Shutterstock

The transition to electric vehicles (EVs) is a critical step towards reducing dependence on fossil fuels and addressing climate change, but it raises important concerns about the sustainability of the EV battery supply chain. The extraction of key battery materials such as lithium, cobalt, and nickel is often linked to environmental degradation and human rights abuses, including child labor and unsafe working conditions. Legislative initiatives in the United States, including the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and the Inflation Reduction Act, are geared towards strengthening EV battery supply chains by funding programs for clean energy manufacturing, recycling, and critical materials processing.

Simultaneously, ongoing research aims to replace harmful materials like cobalt with more sustainable alternatives, although the challenges of battery recycling and ethical sourcing remain significant. This complex scenario underscores the need for a comprehensive approach to making EV batteries more sustainable and ethically produced.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/21-unfortunate-electric-vehicle-flaws-that-no-one-is-discussing/ss-BB1ia5Wt?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=7c52b1180f6c4bb2bab73ad8f97276a0&ei=46
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Re: 21 Unfortunate Electric Vehicle Flaws That No One Is Discussing
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 04:02:02 pm »
Perhaps this story should be posted on the "Ford drastically cutting EV Lightning workforce hours" thread.  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org