Author Topic: It’s coal to the rescue as wind and solar fail to keep German lights on  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

It’s coal to the rescue as wind and solar fail to keep German lights on
By
Craig Rucker
|
April 30th, 2024

In Germany they call it the “Energiewende,” meaning energy transition, and it doesn’t work.

Germans have been forced to come to grips with sober energy reality after binging on more than half a trillion Euros of so-called “alternative” energy, such as wind turbines and solar panels.  This dramatically increased the price of electricity and created a serious risk of blackouts.

Germany actually just announced plans to reactivate coal plants to provide reserve power and lower the risk of blackouts during the coming winter and years to come.

Bloomberg reports that:

https://www.cfact.org/2024/04/30/its-coal-to-the-rescue-as-wind-and-solar-fail-to-keep-german-lights-on/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
While woke Marxist autocrats are slow to figure things out, I think at least instinctively they are realizing that Net Zero will not only collapse the economy, but lead to massive depopulation, eliminating the money flow from the tax base that keeps them in power.

You have no power when you completely evaporate everything that gives you that power.
The Republic is lost.