Author Topic: So much for going green! Fuel for SNP’s ‘eco-ferries’ has to be transported 8000 miles  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
So much for going green! Fuel for SNP’s ‘eco-ferries’ has to be transported 8000 miles
MAY 5, 2024
By Paul Homewood

h/t Doug Brodie

You just could not make this up!

The SNP’s delayed ferries have been hit by a new farce after it emerged that their special ‘green’ fuel must be imported 8,000 miles from Qatar then driven thousands more miles each year by road.

The vessels were designed with ‘dual-fuel’ engines which can run on liquefied natural gas (LNG), designed to cut emissions, as well as conventional diesel.

However, eight years after work began on the ferries Glen Sannox and Glen Rosa, the Scottish Government says there is no clear date for when LNG tanks, known as a bunkering facility, will ever be built here.

As a result, LNG must be imported in diesel-powered ships from Qatar to a terminal in England and then driven 450 miles to Scotland.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/05/05/so-much-for-going-green-fuel-for-snps-eco-ferries-has-to-be-transported-8000-miles/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It sounds like something Mejifornia would be interested in pursuing. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson