Author Topic: Controversial immigration bill inches closer to becoming law in North Carolina  (Read 107 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Controversial immigration bill inches closer to becoming law in North Carolina
DeJuan Hoggard Image
ByDeJuan Hoggard WTVD logo
Thursday, May 2, 2024 12:40PM

"It is amazing that we have to have a bill like this," said NCGOP spokesperson Matt Mercer. "It seems to be common sense that law enforcement should cooperate with one another."

HB10, if passed, would require local sheriffs to cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) if and when they arrest someone and determine they are living in the United States unlawfully.

"While some on the left including Attorney General Josh Stein and a few Democratic sheriffs pretend sanctuary policies aren't real, this bill is a common sense step to ensure our streets remain safe," added Mercer.

https://abc11.com/house-bill-10-controversial-immigration-related-to-ice-inches-closer/14752158/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson