Author Topic: Parents try to get tuition refunds and threaten to pull donations in backlash to anti-Israel protest  (Read 243 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Parents try to get tuition refunds and threaten to pull donations in backlash to anti-Israel protests
By
Ross O'Keefe
May 3, 2024 11:45 am

Pro-Palestinian protests continue to rock colleges in the United States, and administrators are starting to hear from more than just the students.

Parents paying for their children to attend elite institutions are getting fed up with universities making it easier for students to spend more time at demonstrations and bystanders getting locked out of their dorms.

As classes and finals get canceled and students are forced to avoid their own campuses, parents have resorted to contacting their schools for refunds and have reconsidered their positions as donors to colleges.

“They are not getting the education they expected and paid for,” Zev Gewurz, a lawyer whose daughter goes to Barnard College in New York City, told the Wall Street Journal.

Barnard is a prime example of a costly education. The university costs about $90,000 to attend this academic year, more than what many families make in a year.

According to a 2023 Sallie Mae report, typical families need parents to account for about half of their students’ college tuition. Students account for less than a quarter.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/education/2989843/parents-try-get-tuition-refunds-threaten-pull-donations-backlash-anti-israel-protests/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Good luck to them.  Hopefully the donors will stop donating enough to make the stupid hurt.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

As far as tuition refunds, the more classes/weeks attended, the smaller % of the refund.

Asking for a refund at the end of a semester will get you $0 without a lawsuit.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online LMAO

The silver lining with all these protests against Jewish people is the American people are getting it front and center in their living rooms

Biden and his Democrat allies have quite the needle to thread. They know these pro HAMAS riots are  leaving a very poor taste in the mouth of the general public. But those protesters are their base

I’m investing in popcorn stock
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

Demo-convention ought to be a sight...