Author Topic: Kansas Bill to Ban Transgender Medical Procedures for Minors Fails  (Read 386 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kansas Bill to Ban Transgender Medical Procedures for Minors Fails

Alana Mastrangelo 3 May 2024

A proposed Kansas bill seeking to ban transgender-related medical procedures for minors failed on Monday after two Republicans switched their votes, stopping the Republican-controlled legislature from overriding Gov. Laura Kelly’s (D) veto of the initiative.

The Kansas House voted 82 to 43 to overturn Kelly’s veto of the bill, leaving supporters of the legislation two votes short of obtaining the necessary two-thirds majority, according to the Associated Press.

On Monday, the Kansas Senate voted 27 to 13 to override the governor’s veto, resulting in the exact margin supporters needed.

The legislation would have reportedly banned transgender-related surgeries for minors, as well as puberty blockers and hormone treatments.

Additionally, the bill would have barred state employees who work with children from promoting social transitioning for kids who question their biological sex.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/05/03/kansas-bill-to-ban-transgender-medical-procedures-for-minors-fails/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Kansas Bill to Ban Transgender Medical Procedures for Minors Fails
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 05:02:09 pm »
Too bad.  So sexual mutilation of children is still legal in Kansas.

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 09:37:26 pm »
Too bad.  So sexual mutilation of children is still legal in Kansas.

I never thought I would ever see the day when we would actually have to fight  to keep children from being mutilated

Traditionally, the law protected children because of their vulnerability
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 10:05:10 pm »
THE VOTERS OF KANSAS HAVE RECEIVED WHAT THEY VOTED FOR.

Kansas is a conservative state, is it not?

If that assumption is even modestly true, why did they elect a DCommunist governor?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 10:19:10 pm »

I never thought I would ever see the day when we would actually have to fight  to keep children from being mutilated

Traditionally, the law protected children because of their vulnerability

:thumbsup: