Author Topic: Bernie Sanders on Israel: ‘This May Be Biden’s Vietnam’  (Read 431 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bernie Sanders on Israel: ‘This May Be Biden’s Vietnam’

Pam Key 2 May 2024

Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) said Thursday on CNN International’s “Amanpour” that the pro-Palestine demonstrations on college campuses could be President Joe Biden’s Vietnam.

Host Christiane Amanpour said, “So I want to ask you, my question to you is what do you think now is going to happen to Biden and his campaign? Where do you think all of this is going to lead because it’s also about American foreign policy?”

Sanders said, “Well, in terms of his campaign. You know, I am thinking back and other people are making this reference that this may be Biden’s Vietnam. Lyndon Johnson in many respects, was a very, very good president domestically, and brought forth some major pieces of legislation. He chose not to run in ’68 because of opposition to his views on Vietnam and I worry very much President Biden is putting himself in a position where he has alienated not just young people but a lot of the Democratic base all in terms of his views on Israel and this war.”

He added, “So I would hope very much that from certainly a policy our point of view from a moral point of view that the president stops giving a blank check to Netanyahu and I would hope that they understand that from a political point of view, this has not been helpful. Quite the contrary.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/05/02/bernie-sanders-on-israel-this-may-be-bidens-vietnam/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Bernie Sanders on Israel: ‘This May Be Biden’s Vietnam’
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 11:30:55 pm »
Even Bernie the commie has a "vested interest" in Israel...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2024, 12:42:53 pm »
He added, “So I would hope very much that from certainly a policy our point of view from a moral point of view that the president stops giving a blank check to Netanyahu and I would hope that they understand that from a political point of view, this has not been helpful. Quite the contrary.”
Now do Ukraine, Bern.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 10:11:28 pm »
Apparently, Joe's handlers decided to heed Bernie's words.

Biden Places a Hold on Shipments of Arms and Ammunition to Israel

https://twitter.com/streiffredstate/status/1787180158396276879

Bonchie
@bonchieredstate
I was assured that a president stopping aid that was otherwise appropriated by Congress is an impeachable offense. What changed?
5:35 PM · May 5, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2024, 11:49:26 pm »
Israel/muslim conflict looks more and more like Biden having to choose between America in Afghanistan and radical muslim interests there!  How difficult is this one to figure out?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions