Poll

POTUS in 2024? (Part 2)

Voting closes: July 02, 2024, 12:58:25 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers (Part II) Election Sentiment 6 Months Out  (Read 6252 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Pulse of Briefers (Part II) Election Sentiment 6 Months Out
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2024, 07:56:42 pm »
I am from the South.  You think Blue Dog Democrats still exist?  Name 1.   :silly:

Zell Miller and Sam Nunn are from a distant past.

IMO, the term still defines any Democrat voter who crossed over to vote for Ronald Reagan in lieu of Jimmy Carter and Mondale  :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2024, 07:57:35 pm »
Trump is benefiting in the polls right now because people are unhappy with Biden

But as the campaign really starts to get going, and people start paying attention, its going to be nothing more than Biden sucks

We saw the same thing in the 2004 campaign

Yep. The ol' 'We're not quite as bad as Democrats' defense... woo!  *****rollingeyes*****

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2024, 07:57:36 pm »
Visions of deep blue Maryland, or New Jersey voting for Tumpy in leaps and bounds are far fetched.

Trump is about to pull a '16 Hitlerly by trying to expand the winning EV total from 270 to 350, at the expense of swing states

Big mistake.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2024, 07:58:29 pm »
IMO, the term still defines any Democrat voter who crossed over to vote for Ronald Reagan in lieu of Jimmy Carter and Mondale  :shrug:

They are all Republicans now, and largely make up the Christian Right.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2024, 08:00:21 pm »
Trump is about to pull a '16 Hitlerly by trying to expand the winning EV total from 270 to 350, at the expense of swing states

Big mistake.

Partly because he has one foot nailed down by trials in deep blue states - But the result will be as you say.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2024, 08:00:34 pm »
They are all Republicans now, and largely make up the Christian Right.

Baloney, my FRiend!

They're United Auto Workers and Steel Workers and people like me who haven't walked the meat aisles lately.   happy77

PS:  And Jiminy Cricket...can ANYBODY beat the GD Yankees???   **nononono*
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 08:02:09 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2024, 08:01:48 pm »
LOL!

I just returned from Wegman's grocery store.  A single rib eye steak sprinkled with coarse black pepper was $26.86

Heard Dionne Warwick in my head and just "Walked on by...."   :silly:

Yes, that's outrageous. Farmer Joe's had rib-eyes on sale for $13.99/lb....tasty enough but even for a rib-eye, way too fatty.  Occasionally NY strips will be on sale or T-bones but even on sale, it sure does take a chunk out of the grocery budget.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that hasn't been affected by Bidenomics and inflation.  Then there are those that claim that the economy is just fine.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online LMAO

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2024, 08:04:32 pm »
The problem Trump has is that he has no plans or even really the desire to bring down inflation.

Spending and printing more is not the answer

Mitt Romney tried the strategy of not uniting his base, but hoping there would be enough Democrats that were unhappy with Barack Obama that would cross over and vote for him and that didn’t work
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2024, 08:05:29 pm »
Yes, that's outrageous. Farmer Joe's had rib-eyes on sale for $13.99/lb....tasty enough but even for a rib-eye, way too fatty.  Occasionally NY strips will be on sale or T-bones but even on sale, it sure does take a chunk out of the grocery budget.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that hasn't been affected by Bidenomics and inflation.  Then there are those that claim that the economy is just fine.  *****rollingeyes*****

@libertybele

My buddy called me yesterday...said he brought back a package of rib-eyes to COSTCO because when he opened the package to sort them for freezing...turned them over and they were BROWN and had an odor.

We think they're re-packaging them in order to change the "SELL-BY" date. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2024, 08:06:32 pm »
Baloney, my FRiend!

They're United Auto Workers and Steel Workers and people like me who haven't walked the meat aisles lately.   happy77

No, the 'Southern Strategy' very specifically broke the back of the Democrats' stronghold in the SOUTH. The appeal was to Christians, offering them a seat at the Conservative table, with a promise to fight against the decadent evil rising up. Blue Dog democrats were Democrat in Name only - Having strong Christian Convictions that the Democrats were railing against. They were in fact disenfranchised by their own party. The heartfelt offer by Reagan's Conservatives brought them over en-masse.

And for the most part, they are Republicans now. All those Southern states that used to be blue are now red.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2024, 08:08:10 pm »
T-bones on sale next week at Krogers with digital coupon..$6.99 lb...sale starts Wed.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2024, 08:08:55 pm »
@libertybele

My buddy called me yesterday...said he brought back a package of rib-eyes to COSTCO because when he opened the package to sort them for freezing...turned them over and they were BROWN and had an odor.

We think they're re-packaging them in order to change the "SELL-BY" date.

@DCPatriot   I don't doubt it. I hope that he was able to return them.  Things are a mess and 'corporate' is going to cut corners and make money any way that they can.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2024, 08:10:26 pm »
T-bones on sale next week at Krogers with digital coupon..$6.99 lb...sale starts Wed.

Wow...  those will fly out the door.  Hope Kroger issues rain checks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2024, 08:10:42 pm »

Holy crappola!!!!  That's a flippin' bargain (hopefully decent meat).  Stock up and freeze them. (No Korger around here  **nononono*)

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2024, 08:11:16 pm »
No, the 'Southern Strategy' very specifically broke the back of the Democrats' stronghold in the SOUTH. The appeal was to Christians, offering them a seat at the Conservative table, with a promise to fight against the decadent evil rising up. Blue Dog democrats were Democrat in Name only - Having strong Christian Convictions that the Democrats were railing against. They were in fact disenfranchised by their own party. The heartfelt offer by Reagan's Conservatives brought them over en-masse.

And for the most part, they are Republicans now. All those Southern states that used to be blue are now red.

Come on, man...what are you smoking?  You evidently don't get out much anymore!   happy77

Switch out the "Religious Right"....which BTW, is in a Hospice somewhere and change it to MAGA voters!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2024, 08:13:16 pm »
I am from the South.  You think Blue Dog Democrats still exist?  Name 1.   :silly:

Brian Kemp
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2024, 08:17:21 pm »
Brian Kemp

One more time..."Blue-Dog" isn't limited to Congress People.

They're voters who cross-over from Democrat to Republican or even Third Party.  :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2024, 08:17:49 pm »
Come on, man...what are you smoking?  You evidently don't get out much anymore!   happy77

Switch out the "Religious Right"....which BTW, is in a Hospice somewhere and change it to MAGA voters!

The religious Right is the biggest voting bloc by far. Tumpy ain't going nowhere without Christian support - Those Christians not bright enough to see through his facade that follow the likes of Paula White...

If the Christians wanted Tumpy, he'd be president.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2024, 08:19:02 pm »
One more time..."Blue-Dog" isn't limited to Congress People.

They're voters who cross-over from Democrat to Republican or even Third Party.  :laugh:

Changing definitions doesn't make it so. Just like liberals.

Online LMAO

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2024, 08:21:11 pm »
The idea that you’re going to make up for the loss of the base with blue dog Democrats never works

You secure all aspects of your base first. Then you try to attract moderates

Again, the Mitt Romney strategy that failed

This is already shaping up to be nothing more than a campaign of Biden sucks
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 08:24:41 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2024, 08:25:15 pm »
The religious Right is the biggest voting bloc by far. Tumpy ain't going nowhere without Christian support -

Trump zealots are going after heathen Democrat voters, not Christian Conservative voters.  They've already made it clear how they feel about us.  They would rather embrace Big Government solutions, except by saying that Trump can do Big Government better than Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2024, 08:27:03 pm »
Holy crappola!!!!  That's a flippin' bargain (hopefully decent meat).  Stock up and freeze them.

Freeze beef?  Heretic!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2024, 08:27:40 pm »

Hereby dedicated to @roamer_1   ...and all his Groupies!    :tongue2:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2024, 08:27:43 pm »
The idea that you’re going to make up for the loss of the base with blue dog Democrats never works

The mistake is in trying for Democrats *at all*. There are far more fertile fields among the disenfranchised.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2024, 08:28:10 pm »

Speaking of 'Biden Sucks' -- I actually drove by a yard the other day with a Trump flag and a 'Biden Sucks' sign.  I'll have to do an Amazon search to get one.